Carolina Crown 2017

yeesh

with all of the focus on costumes and megaprops that remind people of such and such WGI group from 5 years ago, i'm SO SO SO thankful for crown. they'll never let music NOT be as important as visual in their shows, thank goodness. 

cannot wait to see and hear this show

• Like 3

So.... we went to rehearsal last night, and for the first time I had the chance to see most of the show put together. This is going to be a monster of a show. The corps was working on the closer. They have about 30-60 left to put on the field (I'm guessing), but man alive, this show is going to be a beast, I've been following this corps for years and I would guess this would be the most notes and body movement they've ever attempted.

All of this said, if you're expecting the same corps you've seen the past five years, you'll still get that, but with a move to what my wife described as "a bit of Blue Devils design" mixed in. Her way of saying this is not as mainstream as previous shows. 

This corps will be very good in the later half of the year, but I expect them to be a little dirty out of the gate. Lots and lots of demand.

Also, saw the new hats... wow!

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

So.... we went to rehearsal last night, and for the first time I had the chance to see most of the show put together. This is going to be a monster of a show. The corps was working on the closer. They have about 30-60 left to put on the field (I'm guessing), but man alive, this show is going to be a beast, I've been following this corps for years and I would guess this would be the most notes and body movement they've ever attempted.

All of this said, if you're expecting the same corps you've seen the past five years, you'll still get that, but with a move to what my wife described as "a bit of Blue Devils design" mixed in. Her way of saying this is not as mainstream as previous shows. 

This corps will be very good in the later half of the year, but I expect them to be a little dirty out of the gate. Lots and lots of demand.

Also, saw the new hats... wow!

You've basically wrapped my thoughts into a well written statement. Now that everything is starting to gel, it's becoming an unbelievably cool show (to me, at least). The unis and the hats are sick! The GE is gonna be less of an issue this year, that much I'm certain of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CubFan said:

Agree with everything you said!  This show has so much potential and so much will be added as the season goes along.  Brass is as strong as ever, guard appears in good shape, percussion seems to be strong (which has been lacking in previous years according to scores), and there is a huge emphasis being put on GE.  All the elements for success!

It's hard to judge since their still in teaching mode, but when they get to cleaning this monster - look out! Will be interesting to see how piece transitions to one another.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zerix said:

You've basically wrapped my thoughts into a well written statement. Now that everything is starting to gel, it's becoming an unbelievably cool show (to me, at least). The unis and the hats are sick! The GE is gonna be less of an issue this year, that much I'm certain of.

This will get GE, no doubt, but I think it will take a few weeks to get there. They still don't have the transitions nailed yet, but again they're still in learning mode. I can't wait to see them clean - and the cool thing is they will be in Charlotte for a few days in early July. So hard to describe this show, but seeing it in person you can tell it has a TON of potential.

Edited by Newseditor44

12 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

This will get GE, no doubt, but I think it will take a few weeks to get there. They still don't have the transitions nailed yet, but again they're still in learning mode. I can't wait to seed them clean - and the cool thing is they will be in Charlotte for a few days in early July. So hard to describe this show, but seeing it in person you can tell it has a TON of potential.

Great to hear!  I'm excited to see these uniforms as many have complimented them.  It's good in a way they have a lot to clean so they don't plateau too early.  I get nervous when corps step out the gate far too clean in May.   

3 hours ago, Lance said:

yeesh

with all of the focus on costumes and megaprops that remind people of such and such WGI group from 5 years ago, i'm SO SO SO thankful for crown. they'll never let music NOT be as important as visual in their shows, thank goodness. 

cannot wait to see and hear this show

YES!  THIS!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

This will get GE, no doubt, but I think it will take a few weeks to get there. They still don't have the transitions nailed yet, but again they're still in learning mode. I can't wait to see them clean - and the cool thing is they will be in Charlotte for a few days in early July. So hard to describe this show, but seeing it in person you can tell it has a TON of potential.

IT IS........going to be an incredible show to see develop over the summer!

Did part 3 of the show announcement come out yet?  I haven't seen anything yet on here or Facebook so I guess not unless I somehow missed it.