Carolina Crown 2017

5 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Also, for those wondering, There is a pseudo Crown formation at the start of the show (and some small hints of partial crowns here and there), but I don't know that there will be much room for the traditional crown in this years show. If I had to guess, we're seeing the start of a new era from Crown this season. Who know's they might add one at the end (I haven't seen the last 60 seconds of the show yet). But my guess is the Crown might be gone. 

And hats off to the visual team this year - Jeff has done an amazing job designing this show. Might be one of his best! Can't wait to see it in August

In the closer, there is a spot where the music gets quiet and slows down a bit. A crown would be the perfect formation to slowly move into at that moment. Imo.

Edit: ... But if I know Crown, they'll add it on the last big hit. Which would still be cool.

Edited by Zerix

This may have been covered in the thread already, but is anyone else entirely underwhelmed by the oddly-spaced show hints/announcements so far? And please don't misunderstand me, I adore Crown and I don't doubt at all that they'll continue to be a paragon of top-notch musicality and fabulously clean, insane visual maneuvers. It just seems like their approach to announcing the show this season was a giant swing and a miss in terms of its goal: getting fans excited for what they'll be putting on the field this year. I mean, do we even know for sure that their show title is "It Is" yet? Or are these still hinting at their final title? Have more than a few of us taken the time to read the entirety of the last wordy press release? Not trying to downplay what I'm sure will be an incredible upcoming season for Crown and a show I will probably love. Just wondering if I'm the only one in this boat.

• Like 5

Just now, Jake W. said:

This may have been covered in the thread already, but is anyone else entirely underwhelmed by the oddly-spaced show hints/announcements so far? And please don't misunderstand me, I adore Crown and I don't doubt at all that they'll continue to be a paragon of top-notch musicality and fabulously clean, insane visual maneuvers. It just seems like their approach to announcing the show this season was a giant swing and a miss in terms of its goal: getting fans excited for what they'll be putting on the field this year. I mean, do we even know for sure that their show title is "It Is" yet? Or are these still hinting at their final title? Have more than a few of us taken the time to read the entirety of the last wordy press release? Not trying to downplay what I'm sure will be an incredible upcoming season for Crown and a show I will probably love. Just wondering if I'm the only one in this boat.

I am in the exact same boat.  At three words and three VERY long winded explanations I'm still not at all sure what they're trying to say.  

I won't let it get in my way in terms of the show though.  

• Like 1

Did the girl who was handling their social media taking all the awesome photos last season leave? I don't see much on their snapchat, or their periscope feed like years past. Perhaps its just early. 

1 hour ago, Jake W. said:

Agreed. I think it's left a lot of people scratching their heads

1 hour ago, Highwaydude said:

Did the girl who was handling their social media taking all the awesome photos last season leave? I don't see much on their snapchat, or their periscope feed like years past. Perhaps its just early. 

She'll be back later in the season from what I've heard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Agreed. I think it's left a lot of people scratching their heads

Maybe they're still figuring out the show. 

6 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Maybe they're still figuring out the show. 

Ah so the designers are making us scratch our heads while they scratch theirs! Clever