Carolina Crown 2017

4 hours ago, Tobias said:

Why is the learning curve steeper? Program content, less vets, different staff?

IMHO, it's the body work. Seems to be more this season though I've only seen portions of the whole book. I will echo that this is a bit different than what they've done before but it will still have a very "Crown" feel to it. 

As for the being 2-3 days behind, I don't the no it's a huge concern. They might not have the closer in the field for the preview show but I don't think it's going to hurt them at all. 

One other point, just my observation, but I don't think the change of staff has been a negative, in fact, I would argue the rehearsals that I've seen have been run very well and very similar to previous seasons. If you didn't know there was a staff change you probably wouldn't be able to notice from the stands.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

From what I've heard, some of this will sound VERY Crown, but others pieces of the show sound a bit different than what people are expecting to hear from Crown.  The brass sound is still the same though.

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

IMHO, it's the body work. Seems to be more this season though I've only seen portions of the whole book. I will echo that this is a bit different than what they've done before but it will still have a very "Crown" feel to it. 

As for the being 2-3 days behind, I don't the no it's a huge concern. They might not have the closer in the field for the preview show but I don't think it's going to hurt them at all. 

Hmm. There was a corps last year about whom the explanation (sometimes) for their show being behind schedule was the difficult body work: Blue Knights.

(At other times, the reason they were behind was said to be the weather.)

• Like 1

Oh my... "FOR GOOD" by- Stephen Schwartz...   From Wicked.. that is going to be an awesome ballad..