Carolina Crown 2017

27 minutes ago, xandandl said:

1. i told you all there wasn't really going to be a show story theme. Only as much as what Finis, etc.

2. While the brass geeks are foaming here and the percussives like the Aido piece, Jeff Sacktig has no easy challenge with his new creative opportunity.

3. It looks like the Philip Sparke's brass band ensemble had half their members model their hair after Matt Harloff. No wonder Crown loves it.

4. I am guessing that visual GE will be a big challenge for CC this season.

Like the power of TEN? Oh with that you could theoretically X them to death but that ran out of steam in mid July. I'm sure there's more to Crown than that.

Just now, Tobias said:

Like the power of TEN? Oh with that you could theoretically X them to death but that ran out of steam in mid July. I'm sure there's more to Crown than that.

Not getting your analogy as I gave four subsets and don't know which caught your interest.

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Not getting your analogy as I gave four subsets and don't know which caught your interest.

Wow, for the most part, this is some REALLY different source material for Crown to draw from. Based on all this, I don't think this will be your average "oodles of fast runs and multiple tonguing that end in a B-flat major chord" Crown.

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

2. While the brass geeks are foaming here and the percussives like the Aido piece, Jeff Sacktig has no easy challenge with his new creative opportunity.

Agreed 100%, I believe that Crown's style is out of the norm of what I would say Sacktig is used to writing for but he is a drill genius, there....I said it. The work that he has done for other groups outside of the Cadets has been great and totally effective. I think that he will produce some awesome moments/drill for Crown this year. I cant wait to see it. 

Edited by blakman7

Eclectic - A small town in east central Alabama with fine little marching band. Elmore County High School. 

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's the first thing I think of when I see or hear that word.

• Like 3

Waiting to see if it is OK for me to post a video of a portion of the opener. Will get back to y'all. 

As for the show - we told you guys it was going to be outside the norm, but when you hear the arraignments and the overall theme (yes there is a theme this season - just not as straight forward as in past years) you will still get that Crown vibe.