Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Quick answer: Yes, but some screamers, too.

Hmmm, as a non trumpeter, those never really appealed to me last year. Excited to see what this season holds though! I have high hopes for this show!

10 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

... and a couple of surprise features :-)

Electric washboard, no doubt.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Besides the screamers you'll also hear two low brass solos, a great tuba feature (of course, it's the Bluecoats), some improvisation and a couple of surprise features :-)

I mean this in the best way but is there going to be more playing from the entire ensemble this year? Last year they had heavy visual demands which, they filled with small ensembles or synths (especially in the closer) and it left me wanting a bit more full, ensemble brass playing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Just as long as that loud sound is coming from the brass and not 6+ speakers and synth, I'll be thrilled!

I'm guessing you won't be thrilled...but they create a better sounder environment than anyone else.

8 minutes ago, monarch said:

I'm guessing you won't be thrilled...but they create a better sounder environment than anyone else.

Not trying to be rude, but can you please explain what a "better sounder environment" is?

1 hour ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Just as long as that loud sound is coming from the brass and not 6+ speakers and synth, I'll be thrilled!

Actually, the corps itself will be creating most of the sound, although microphones, amps and speakers will come into play.

• Like 2