Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

41 minutes ago, superOOk said:

1. I absolutely LOVE what they did with the ballad. 

:wink:

• Like 3

I enjoyed with a good laugh the great Christmas in July photos Bloo posted on DCI corps announcements.  In times of great stress and pressure, some humanness and appreciation goes a long way.

• Like 5

Some new stuff on the way. I like some of it, I don't like some of it. The changes aren't huge enough to radically alter the effect; frankly, if the judges weren't buying the effect before, I don't think they'll buy it now, but hopefully I'll get proven wrong. 

Still dirty visually, that's definitely their weakest area right now, and needs to be their focus going forward.

10 minutes ago, pudding said:

Some new stuff on the way. I like some of it, I don't like some of it. The changes aren't huge enough to radically alter the effect; frankly, if the judges weren't buying the effect before, I don't think they'll buy it now, but hopefully I'll get proven wrong. 

Still dirty visually, that's definitely their weakest area right now, and needs to be their focus going forward.

Watching Denver and then San Antonio back to back, they seemed much cleaner visually. The all white and their drill exposure doesn't hide anything so they have to be ever clearer than everyone above them right now. I can't wait to see the changes. 

• Like 1

Just now, mj3004 said:

Watching Denver and then San Antonio back to back, they seemed much cleaner visually. The all white and their drill exposure doesn't hide anything so they have to be ever clearer than everyone above them right now. I can't wait to see the changes. 

Cleaner, yes, but not clean. In particular, the opening dance statement is a mess visually, as is the new choreography in the drum break. There are still some glaring feet issues as well, and drill spacing. They're going to have to put in a LOT of time to get to a requisite level of cleanliness to challenge the likes of BD, but it also can't be at the expense of the rest of the show... frankly I'm not sure if they can get there with the time they have left.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pudding said:

Cleaner, yes, but not clean. In particular, the opening dance statement is a mess visually, as is the new choreography in the drum break. There are still some glaring feet issues as well, and drill spacing. They're going to have to put in a LOT of time to get to a requisite level of cleanliness to challenge the likes of BD, but it also can't be at the expense of the rest of the show... frankly I'm not sure if they can get there with the time they have left.

Everyone needs to get cleaner. They'll catch up. It's a more exposed show.  Blue Devils, Crown, and SCV have space issues as well and will all the way through finals.

I was hoping the drumcorps Reddit page still had the performance shot of Blue Devils from Finals last year as their bottom background. It was the featured picture and if you looked closely they had two tuba space issues in a hold curvilinear. No one gives them same scrutiny and I understand. They definitely had less than others, but still it's not 100% clean.

4 minutes ago, mj3004 said:

I was hoping the drumcorps Reddit page still had the performance shot of Blue Devils from Finals last year as their bottom background. It was the featured picture and if you looked closely they had two tuba space issues in a hold curvilinear. No one gives them same scrutiny and I understand. They definitely had less than others, but still it's not 100% clean.

The judges sure did as they were third in Visual Proficiency. 

N6C6Qod.png

• Like 6