Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Not going to lie, I got a little bit choked up on this one! Malik Davis's video really captured the essence of just how many emotions are running through these kids right now.

"I love this family, to the end."

Six words.

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Not going to lie, I got a little bit choked up on this one! Malik Davis's video really captured the essence of just how many emotions are running through these kids right now.

"I love this family, to the end."

Six words.

Wow.  There is something that links us all who have ever hit a football field in this activity.  And there it is.   No matter when or where you marched.  :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Turn Nashville into Blooville tonight, kids! 

• Like 3

Parting is such sweet sorrow
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.

the limit of age out is what makes drum corps special - if  you could just keep on doing it it wouldn't be as unique or special --

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Polonius said:
 Parting is such sweet sorrow
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.

the limit of age out is what makes drum corps special - if  you could just keep on doing it it wouldn't be as unique or special --

The age restriction is perfect.  Graduate from college, age out of drum corps, get a job.   Works great, don't change a thing.  

• Like 3

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

The age restriction is perfect.  Graduate from college, age out of drum corps, get a job.   Works great, don't change a thing.  

I'm definitely selfish and wish it was a little longer........not doing it is hitting me really really really hard this summer.  To the point it actually makes me feel nauseous thinking about it.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm definitely selfish and wish it was a little longer........not doing it is hitting me really really really hard this summer.  To the point it actually makes me feel nauseous thinking about it.  

Well the good news is you can do it, just not in DCI. There are lots of DCA corps that would love to have you!

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Well the good news is you can do it, just not in DCI. There are lots of DCA corps that would love to have you!

True...just basically none anywhere near Texas.

There used to be one in Frisco. They were super-awkward to watch every year. But I suppose better than nothing...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

True...just basically none anywhere near Texas.

There used to be one in Frisco. They were super-awkward to watch every year. But I suppose better than nothing...

Yep.  I'm not even sure where the closest one is, has to be at least 1,000 miles away.   

I am planning on putting my self out there on the volunteer front at least next summer.  No idea where I'd be welcome but I'll cross that bridge in the coming months.  

• Like 2

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Yep.  I'm not even sure where the closest one is, has to be at least 1,000 miles away.   

I am planning on putting my self out there on the volunteer front at least next summer.  No idea where I'd be welcome but I'll cross that bridge in the coming months.  

I mean, in terms of straight volunteering, you'd probably be welcome anywhere/everywhere, I imagine...

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

You'd be welcome anywhere and everywhere, Landry!  Every corps is looking for good people like you who are dedicated to the welfare kids in the corps.  

Edited by Terri Schehr