Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

1 minute ago, Elmo Blatch said:

There are only three words that end in atio in the English language: patio, ratio, and fellatio. 

Although Doug would get a chuckle out of one of those, my guess is that another poster was closer with his "golden ratio" suggestion. Maybe something Dali or Malevich inspired?   

One of those would work if they were playing Dinah Moe Hum or Dirty Love...but that would cause problems...:lol:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

One of those would work if they were playing Dinah Moe Hum or Dirty Love...but that would cause problems...:lol:

Not with me!

• Like 2

I can definitely hear the trombones featured heavily in the first piece "Prelude". To me, the second piece (Psychopomp) is a bit of a continuation of last year. The sound reminds of Dream Theater a little bit. Dig the different odd meters. Jonsi - Grow Till Tall. I love Sigur Ros and so cool to hear Jonsi's song featured. Going to be an epic ballad. The Psathas piece (One Study One Summary), so Bluecoats similar thoughts to the first piece. And finally Zappa, Zomby Woof, looking forward to how this will be arranged and performed. What a show. Almost got me consider flying out to the Massillon show again from Cali.

• Like 4

Just now, oldbandguy said:

You won't regret it!

I went last year for the first time to Ohio, probably the best drum corps show I ever attended.

• Like 4

I am fortunate to see a lot of shows every year.  The Massillon Hall of Fame show ALWAYS ranks #1 with me!  For the folks that cry for the days when finals were NOT held in a dome....this is THE show you need to attend.  5 days before finals, most of the top 6 corps, a fan base that LOVES drum corps (they love their Blue, but support all) and it's OUTSIDE!!!

Buy your tickets now.  This show WILL sell out.  Tickets sales are ahead of last year!!!

Edited by oldbandguy
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

I am fortunate to see a lot of shows every year.  The Massillon Hall of Fame show ALWAYS ranks #1 with me!  For the folks that cry for the days when finals were NOT held in a dome....this is THE show you need to attend.  5 days before finals, most of the top 6 corps, a fan base that LOVES drum corps (they love their Blue, but support all) and it's OUTSIDE!!!

Buy your tickets now.  This show WILL sell out.  Tickets sales are ahead of last year!!!

It's really a great show. 

• Like 2

Bloo making me feel a bit uncultured this year, have never heard of any of this music/these particular artists.

time to go listening

• Like 2

After watching ensemble last week, I can confidently say this is one very professional show. We're not supposed to talk about it, so I'll leave it at that.

Just bought tix to the Massillon show. Agree with other posters, it's the one show NOT to miss.

• Like 3

The opener Prelude / Psychopomp is now completely on the field, (about 4:40-4:45) though I would not be shocked if more layering is added. Once again Bloo is presenting a solid, exciting, challenging first third of the show. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1