Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Looking at the image they posted, maybe the title either ends in TIO or begins in OIT...that looks like an "A" next to the "T"...Ratio? Horatio?

Edited by ajlemm

4 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Looking at the image they posted, maybe the title either ends in TIO or begins in OIT...that looks like an "A" next to the "T"...Ratio? Horatio?

Golden Ratio? A fibonacci show would be cool, although now I'm reminded of George Costanza in Criminal Minds.... 

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

There's a few other words that end in -atio.  Patio is one...the other...lulz.

Hmmm. 

15 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

HEEEY! That's MY name. lol. seriously it is

Edited by theonlyfizzle

Alright, so this is some show stuff. Can confirm. The quotes do closely relate, but to be honest that's all I know pretty much. So in what's becoming the hip thing to do, I'm gonna make a prediction about the show, so here it is. (from here on out in this particular post, it's all speculation, don't hold me to anything if/when I'm wrong) Bluecoats have spent the last three different shows testing out different concepts seeing what works and what doesn't. In each, they've found something that most certainly does. 2014 gave us heavy use of electronics. 2015 gave us looping. 2016 gave us (imo a good) overkill of visual individualism. 2017 will give us the combined integration of all three into a story show that needs all three to work, and they've been making sure they work. Now for what the story is, I think it's gonna be set in "vintage black and white" days hence a particular one of those Instagram post with the corps logo in black and white with dropback of the old style film. I think it's gonna be one of those shows with alternate endings that dramatically change the course of the show, and I think there's gonna be a whole lot of gray area within the black and white. 

But regardless of what it is, I trust the design team at Canton to give me something I love because that's just what they've done more consecutive times than any other team.

Just listened to at least part of each selection. The repertoire is once again a home run. Of course, the talk of much of at least the DCP community will be the Zappa. But I'm also excited to see how that Jonsi (the Sigur Ros frontman, for those who don't know) selection will be arranged! And of course, the pieces by Thank You Scientist and Psathas will be awesome to hear as well. Now we wait for the theme to tie all this great music together...