Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

There have been a number of comments about the Bluecoats "Channeling"  Fosse

I agree that the guard uniforms and some of the choreography  is pure Fosse.

But,when I first saw the corps,all I could think of was "Clockwork Orange".

Based on the comments from some if the people sitting near me,I wasn't the only one.

Definitely a "Cabaret" look to the guard costume.

• Like 3

Off to Massillon in a little bit to catch Bloo's ensemble this afternoon before the show. Has anyone remarked on how much Bloo is dominating in GE? .9 over Crown head to head, and I know it is impossible to compare different competitions with different judging panels on different nights thousands of miles apart .. but 2.0 over BD? That's insane even given the incomparabity!

• Like 6

23 hours ago, superOOk said:

I nearly spit out my water in my mouth when I first saw this at Denison. I was right on the 50, about 5 yards back (basically underneath the staff). I've never seen anything like this attempted before. I hope the judges award them for this, because it is definitely serious (risky) business.

EDIT: You really have to be field level to see this in its raw power form. Unbelievable really.

I have low level seats for the broken arrow show this season (which is a TOC show). 

I just saw that video of the run-through on YouTube, and I love that closer even more, but that ending is just insane is the best way possible. 

• Like 3

Listen to Alan Hester + Rachel Spencer Duet - Denison Practice (Bluecoats 2017)

This is the duet at the end.
https://soundcloud.com/superook-1/alan-hester-rachel-spencer-1

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 2

Just to make sure everyone knows....the closer is not just "Zomby Woff".  The final 1:20 or so goes, seamlessly, back into "Psychopomp" including the very cool trumpet duet.  When Thank You Scientist saw this the guitar player freaked out and said "I was wondering how and if they were going to handle that part of the song?"  He said it was awesome.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

Just to make sure everyone knows....the closer is not just "Zomby Woff".  The final 1:20 or so goes, seamlessly, back into "Psychopomp" including the very cool trumpet duet.  When Thank You Scientist saw this the guitar player freaked out and said "I was wondering how and if they were going to handle that part of the song?"  He said it was awesome.

When the corps first played Psychopomp to them, Glasgow told them we are playing the guitar solo (the trumpet duet). He turned around to us and said "that was the one part that I thought you weren't gonna be able to do" and started laughing. They were shocked how well it sounded later at ensemble. Shocked as in they were brought to tears.

• Like 6