Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

13 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

They might be there to keep the ground from breaking.

THIS.

What would this years version of the Bluecoats need to do to have fans throw babies? Uniform change would be awesome but at this point it seems a little predictable. IMO the Bluecoats have been the corps thats broken the most ground lately: Tilt, Kinetic Noise, Down Side Up, etc but because of their success, at this point I feel like they'd have to transform the stage into a slide or some other crazy thing for folks to be awed more so than they already are. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I was wondering if there might be a trick up their sleeve with the audio during the ballad - possibly recording the backfield, playing it back through the amps and then having the hornline come front field with the closing climax of the push?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DCIDevon said:

What would this years version of the Bluecoats need to do to have fans throw babies? Uniform change would be awesome but at this point it seems a little predictable. IMO the Bluecoats have been the corps thats broken the most ground lately: Tilt, Kinetic Noise, Down Side Up, etc but because of their success, at this point I feel like they'd have to transform the stage into a slide or some other crazy thing for folks to be awed more so than they already are. Thoughts?

I'm pretty dang awed watching the the fleet of tubas jazz run down a 10 ft ramp at ~200 bpm playing fff, but I imagine the designers have yet more surprises to add. 

• Like 3

Any chance this thing in the middle will move? :peek:

I like the show but in my opinion that prop needs to go. 

Edited by E3D

48 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

I'm pretty dang awed watching the the fleet of tubas jazz run down a 10 ft ramp at ~200 bpm playing fff, but I imagine the designers have yet more surprises to add. 

Agreed, the tubas jazz running down that thing is pretty dang impressive

I also feel as if the guard doesn't utilize the prop as much as they could and their integration seems to be lacking a bit too

3 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

One thing I love about this show is that the songs can essentially be plug and play. The show title could be "Four cool songs, with a giant zig zag stage in the middle. And bowler hats!" and be just as enjoyable. No back story. No interpretation needed. No deep meaning. Just kick ### drum corps music, accompanied by marching, spinning, and (gulp) dancing.

After last year, the "a show must have a clear story line to win" crowd has become noticably absent.

^^^^^^ And I love it.  A show about nothing!  I don't have to read a three page dissertation of what this 11 minute show is about! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DCIDevon said:

I also feel as if the guard doesn't utilize the prop as much as they could and their integration seems to be lacking a bit too

Isn't that funny? I think the guard integration is exceptional this year. Different perspectives, I guess...

• Like 2