Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

BD has improved so much since I saw them at Stanford.  I can only imagine what more is coming.  I was on the fence about their show, but now it has some clarity and continuity.  The guard needs to clean some things up, and percussion has had some rough moments, but the beautiful sound coming from their horn line this year is exquisite.  I cannot wait to see the final product at Finals.  I love that SCV is back in the hunt this year.  Nothing would make me happier than a one two finish with BD being number one.  If that switches and BD lands at 2 and SCV gets the gold I will certainly not be mad about it!  Go BD!  Go SCV!  Go get em Mandarins!  California all the way!

• Like 8

I've been doing photography for several corps this year and I've had the privilege of being on the field for BD at every show between Oregon and Denver so let me just say that this show might be my favorite drum corps show ever. Standing on the field 5 feet away from the brassline during that ballad is easily the best musical experience of my life. Don't care where they place (although #18 looks likely) this show is amazing and it's been great seeing it from a totally unique view.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, Jim Alberty said:

Agreed

Hey, Jim! Good to see you on here? You not on Facebook? If so, we have to get you on the alumni and alumni brass groups.

10 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

BD has improved so much since I saw them at Stanford.  I can only imagine what more is coming.  I was on the fence about their show, but now it has some clarity and continuity.  The guard needs to clean some things up, and percussion has had some rough moments, but the beautiful sound coming from their horn line this year is exquisite.  I cannot wait to see the final product at Finals.  I love that SCV is back in the hunt this year.  Nothing would make me happier than a one two finish with BD being number one.  If that switches and BD lands at 2 and SCV gets the gold I will certainly not be mad about it!  Go BD!  Go SCV!  Go get em Mandarins!  California all the way!

Program is about 85% now...I think we'll see that up to 95% by Atlanta, then some minor tweaks and the frosting on the cake (the REAL ending) installed in Buffalo. Can't wait!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Program is about 85% now...I think we'll see that up to 95% by Atlanta, then some minor tweaks and the frosting on the cake (the REAL ending) installed in Buffalo. Can't wait!

The real ending better have Clara in it! She helped put BD over the top in 2015. She deserves to be apart of this anniversary. Anyone know if she is marching BDC this year? I say bring her back in this years closer and give her a rifle toss. Heck if little Geoffrey from the Cadets can do it, she certainly can!

Edited by Chief Guns

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

The real ending better have Clara in it! She helped put BD over the top in 2015. She deserves to be apart of this anniversary. Anyone know if she is marching BDC this year? I say bring her back in this years closer and give her a rifle toss. Heck if little Jeffrey from the Cadets can do it, she certainly can!

Little know factoid: did you know that Little Geoffrey marched BD for his age out year?

1 minute ago, BDCorno said:

Little know factoid: did you know that Little Geoffrey marched BD for his age out year?

Wow. What year did he age out? Brass? CG?

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Wow. What year did he age out? Brass? CG?

Color guard...2011 I think. Whatever the year after Little Geoffrey was.

Just now, BDCorno said:

Color guard...2011 I think. Whatever the year after Little Geoffrey was.

Wow that's pretty cool. I did not know that.