Corps Owned Rehearsal Sites

I understood Mars to be a $1 99 year lease deal.

Can't do anything about the climate, but it could use some updating/renovation.

BDCorno - start an alumni gofundme for your "patio".

• Like 1

Not even sure it's outright ownership, but if it isn't, it's on a very long-term lease. We're now up to two full fields (one for BDA, one for BDB), GE box, storage areas, bleachers, restrooms, sprinklers, perimeter fencing, etc. Much of the infrastructure needs work, and we are embarking on some substantial upgrades/refurbishing. Alumni calls for a beer garden with patio overlooking the field, have gone unheeded. Sigh.

Loved the original GE box...a piece of plywood perched on top of four telephone poles, no handrails, and staff had to climb the metal linesman cleats to get up there. Hazardous as hell. LOL

I believe the property is owned by one of the gas refineries that's in the close area (Avon or Shell?). You can see the tanks that are a few hundred yards towards the Carquinz Strait. They also lease baseball fields that's near Mars for little leagues. It's unique to say the least. I remember walking to see them practice when I was seeing my nephew play little league and I came across rattle snakes slowly moving along the dirt road.

Edited by afd

There's an idea...now, to get Kinder's to buy into the whole thing. THAT would be cool. Then again, the sweet smell of BBQ wafting across the field at Mars might ruin some of the ambiance...

Edited by BDCorno
  • Like 1

There's an idea...now, to get Kinder's to buy into the whole thing. THAT would be cool.

I was thinking it was the $1/99 deal. Thx.