Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

9 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I was too. It was nice to see them at Stanford. I really loved the first 1/2 of the show - the opening was so beautiful. I also liked the uniforms from the stands. Very nice. I haven't see anything from them in a while, but they need to address some issues - namely the guard and their lack of using equipment that doesn't require more than a very basic skill level for what seems like a large chunk of their show. From a design level, I just don't think this show measures up to '14, '15 or '16.They are so very talented though, so we will see.

I saw some YouTube video of their show from either Oregon or Washington and it appears that they have made some guard design/routine changes from what I saw in CA. The main one I noticed was they cut back the number of those yellow disks they use and have more rifles/sabres during that same stretch. There might be more, but that is the one that stood out to me.

I think that maybe getting the entire show on the field at the beginning of the season lead to some guard design/routine not being fully in place. I cannot imagine that they didn't attract quality guard members for this season. I think that we will see the guard bloom as the season moves along.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BassFanMom said:

I saw some YouTube video of their show from either Oregon or Washington and it appears that they have made some guard design/routine changes from what I saw in CA. The main one I noticed was they cut back the number of those yellow disks they use and have more rifles/sabres during that same stretch. There might be more, but that is the one that stood out to me.

That's very good to hear. I like the show. We will see how it all folds out. Lots of good shows this year. 

44 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I don't really think we have a race for 6-8 right now. If anything it's a race for 5-7 with Cavies, Cadets and BAC. The lowest I see Cavies placing is 6th, with the Cadets in 5th. I think it all hinges on the Cadets, they could be 5th or 7th. I really don't see BK's show design as a threat to the Cadets (BAC maybe). But, in all likelihood they will be behind both at their first meeting.

That may be the way it turns out.  I went to all three SoCal shows, and was impressed by all the corps.  But, my opinion was that the west coast tour was being underscored a bit. The only little piece of evidence to support this is the jump by SCV when they were then going against Bluecoats on a nightly basis.  I did see (Flomarching) several east coast shows and only Crown really came through and gave me anything that I thought was comparable to BD and SCV.  Like many people on here say, look at spreads and not raw scores until they are on the same field.  That is why I am looking forward to that head to head comparison!

Edit - I have not seen Bluecoats, but will see them at DATR

Edited by 2kidsindrumcorpsnomoney4me
  • Like 1

I go back to the 5.5 spread to BD that BK had last night. SCV who beat Bloo also was losing to BD. Just saying that a shrinking point spread to BD is never a bad thing. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, wesleyrp said:

I go back to the 5.5 spread to BD that BK had last night. SCV who beat Bloo also was losing to BD. Just saying that a shrinking point spread to BD is never a bad thing. 

Well, yes, but SCV was barely losing to BD and barely beat Bloo. Spread for spread, BK would have been right in line with Regiment at Minnesota. You also have to account for the fact that there were no corps between BD and BK, and as more corps come between them, that spread could widen. And technically, the spread was 5.75 at their first meeting and 5.50 at their last, so not really much movement. 

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Does anybody predict BK will break 80 at DATR?

They very well could!!

28 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Does anybody predict BK will break 80 at DATR?

I won't predict it; they'll have to get a greater-than-average bump than they've received during their first 11 contests. But I think it's probably a nice hype point for the members; they're very close; they've been rising steadily; and they're about to put a hot show in front of their hometown fans. They have to follow both Bluecoats and BD, however -- but then, they always perform last at this show. In this lineup, they have a lane pretty much to their own; lots of room for the judges to move them one way or the other. There should be plenty of headroom above 80 and below the other Blues, though that space is likely to be in the 3-4 point range, which would put BK closer to BD than they've yet been. If BD/Bloo blow the roof off and approach 85.0, and If BK nails it AND the judges are in a generous mood, an 80 or better is possible, imo.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 3