Blue Devils to do Hamilton

If we're talking musicals that Haven't Been Done but Have Potential, I'd have a long list before I got to Hamilton, including:

-Scarlet Pimpernel

-Merrily We Roll Along

-Wicked

-In the Heights

-Chicago (has anybody done Chicago? I can't be sure)

and that's just off the top of my head

I was just thinking "Chicago" would be great.

"Scarlet Pimpernel"....agree. Wildhorn's music translates well to the field. He writes some great ballads. I really liked Crown's "Jekyll and Hyde" show.

"Scarlet Pimpernel"....agree. Wildhorn's music translates well to the field. He writes some great ballads.

I've been wishing for this show to be done for years. If enough folks listen to the Broadway production, it might actually be done by a DCI corps some year.

I've been wishing for this show to be done for years. If enough folks listen to the Broadway production, it might actually be done by a DCI corps some year.

I saw the shortened version in NY after they closed it, retooled and then reopened, and I loved the show.

Bridgemen did a nice job on the overture to Merrily we Roll Along, but that was before the whole show basis and towards the end for them. It would definitely have potential

• Like 1

you could frame the show with the fast/slow versions of 'old friends,' 'Franklin Shepherd Inc' as your drum feature, 'not a day goes by' as your ballad, pick from opening doors/it's a hit/now you know to fill in the power. if we're building traditionally, anyways. I'm sure a funkier mind than mind could build it with more Art.

maybe do that song from the party where the melody keeps getting interrupted by the guests as preshow.

Of course any mention of a Hamilton show would make this year's election cycle seem drab given the little tiff between Hamilton and Aaron Burr. Gave us the term Burr-ied.

Sounds more like a Phantom Regiment show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2016/10/30/help-hamilton-crazed-children-are-defending-aaron-burr/m9PEslHB25i4qRCcmnfIZO/story.html

Edited by xandandl

I just saw a Tweet that reads "CONFIRMED: @TheBlueDevils will be doing a "Hamilton" themed show in 2017" Have no idea whether or not "themed" means music from the show, but it could be interesting.

Would you mind providing a link to the tweet? I follow BD on Twitter and have gone back to look at it, and can't seem to find it. I did find a deleted tweet from October 29th, but can't seem to find the tweet you're referring to.

Would you mind providing a link to the tweet? I follow BD on Twitter and have gone back to look at it, and can't seem to find it. I did find a deleted tweet from October 29th, but can't seem to find the tweet you're referring to.

It has since been deleted. Probably because he was afraid that he was spreading a false rumor when he was actually just making a joke. Edited by Cadevilina Crown

It has since been deleted. Probably because he was afraid that he was spreading a false rumor when he was actually just making a joke.

Was it originally posted by the official BD account, or did someone tag the corps Twitter handle?