Best Drill

OMG no I did not know Sacktig is writing for Crown this season - had no idea! Sorry!! Wow this really changes things.

Cadets will be fine.

Now I'm worried how will Crown do with a Cadets drill?? Kinda funny to think about.

Yeah, first thing that came to mind for me. Not sure if the busy Sacktig drill style will fly with a hornline that's used to parking it at key moments.

• Like 1

Yeah, first thing that came to mind for me. Not sure if the busy Sacktig drill style will fly with a hornline that's used to parking it at key moments.

Sort of a backhanded comment based on your screen name and that BD began doing that long before other top corps, don't you think?

• Like 1

Sort of a backhanded comment based on your screen name and that BD began doing that long before other top corps, don't you think?

oh he's just throwing a little bait out there to see if anybody will run with it. hilarious to hear any BD fan talk about standing still at key moments. clear the floor -- gonna be rolling around on it!!

and after all those nice things i said about BD over in another thread -- maybe ill just go erase that :ninja:

Edited by corpsband

Ho ho that's rich!

just once this decade, i'd like to see a set of drill like this again

24 counts are all that separate these two forms

cavs_92.jpg

24 counts and 30 years. Drill is so.... 1980's.

for me, sacktig-style visual programs are what feel like a logical next step for crown. cannot wait.

besides the actual drill per se, i think jeff is going to bring a lot to Crown. number one -- eliminating things that need to be "fixed" during the season. there have been a number of these that have taken top-notch designs and bogged them down in the muck. coordination of elements (why did the stage-coach have to go in reverse? (answer: to go pickup the doors) . i think the combination of jeff / rick / joey is going to bring a ton a creativity backed up by top notch experience. add in the musical magic. can you tell im a little pumped up?

oh he's just throwing a little bait out there to see if anybody will run with it. hilarious to hear any BD fan talk about standing still at key moments. clear the floor -- gonna be rolling around on it!!

and after all those nice things i said about BD over in another thread -- maybe ill just go erase that :ninja:

Geez, is everyone touchy or what? Not criticizing the practice, just pointing out the stark difference in the approach that Sacktig takes with hornlines, as opposed to Crown's style lately. Crown does some amazing stuff brass-wise, and most times it requires certain proximity and movement restrictions to carry off. If they're able to take a huge step into a completely different approach and maintain the quality of the horn performance, then I'll certainly give them props. Sorry some of you have to automatically jump all over any comment that could remotely be construed as criticism, and pile on simply due to "BD" in my handle. I guess just like Facebook over here, it's not possible to have a mature discussion. Whoops! I'm sorry...I forgot this was DCP.