Congratulations to DCI's newest World Class corps!

Heading to Genesis's big camp this weekend. Hard to believe it's been over a year since we first went to help out for the fun of it. You should have seen the looks on their faces when volunteers would ask "so which kid in the corps is yours?" and I'd say "none." I was a bit of a unicorn for a while there.

My daughter's auditioning for reals this year on baritone. We'll see how it goes. I've tried to interest her in other Texas corps, but she's undeterred - this year it's Genesis or Bust. When we've talked on here over the years for why kids only audition for one corps and then go home, I have an up close and personal view of it. And maybe a kinder, gentler understanding.

Anyways, wish us luck. My kiddo may not need it so much, but I know for sure my poor back does!

Mike

• Like 4

Heading to Genesis's big camp this weekend. Hard to believe it's been over a year since we first went to help out for the fun of it. You should have seen the looks on their faces when volunteers would ask "so which kid in the corps is yours?" and I'd say "none." I was a bit of a unicorn for a while there.

My daughter's auditioning for reals this year on baritone. We'll see how it goes. I've tried to interest her in other Texas corps, but she's undeterred - this year it's Genesis or Bust. When we've talked on here over the years for why kids only audition for one corps and then go home, I have an up close and personal view of it. And maybe a kinder, gentler understanding.

Anyways, wish us luck. My kiddo may not need it so much, but I know for sure my poor back does!

Mike

Mine for real this year, too, Mike. Off to San Antonio tomorrow. He's handling it pretty well; I'm a wreck and his Mom is nearly always on the verge of tears with excitement.

• Like 3

Mine for real this year, too, Mike. Off to San Antonio tomorrow. He's handling it pretty well; I'm a wreck and his Mom is nearly always on the verge of tears with excitement.

So The_Kid is rolling the dice on Crossmen! Good for him! I wish him the best of luck ... and success!

I guess I am going to move to Austin so I emailed them and asked if I could come watch practice and maybe cook for them sometime. Genesis was always one of my favorite open class corps.

I guess I am going to move to Austin so I emailed them and asked if I could come watch practice and maybe cook for them sometime. Genesis was always one of my favorite open class corps.

Callback camp is Jan 21-22, could always use a few more hands on the food truck! Almost 400 at camp this weekend, looks like it's going to be a great year!

I guess I am going to move to Austin so I emailed them and asked if I could come watch practice and maybe cook for them sometime.

Good luck with your move!

Nice visit from Dan Acheson at the Genesis audition camp last weekend. He really did a nice job fielding questions from the 400 or so youth that were there.

http://www.flomarching.com/article/49589-exclusive-interview-with-dci-s-dan-acheson?utm_campaign=General&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Article&utm_term=DanAcheson121816

• Like 2

The youth were cheeky. One question from the crowd - "how can a corps win 3 captions yet not win the title...?" Made everyone laugh.

It was a good weekend overall. The talent level has definitely taken a leap forward, and from what I've heard, the show is going to be another intense ride.

(My daughter got cut; there's a ton of competition for horn spots this year and not a lot of openings. She's going to try Guardians in January next.)

Mike