2017 Seattle Cascades

On 7/24/2017 at 6:00 PM, DrumManTx said:

Hope everyone is ok.  

Also.......wow.  Did not know that singer in the closer was live.  WOW!  Cool stuff, I loved the layering of Bird Set Free/Shosty 10 before I realized that but I love it like 10 times more knowing she's singing it.  Awesome.  I didn't catch her live but going back and watching she's definitely doing it, they should try to find a way to feature her.  Or I could open my eyes.  Either way, best corps from them in a long time.  Just needs some time to clean.  Love the new ending.  

I didn't either until about a week ago.  I have a ton of respect for this show knowing that.  Awesome job.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 6:56 AM, Eleran said:

They are doing better and will continue to get stronger once they are fully out of the south. The humidity and heat zaps every corp.

I thought they did awesome tonight, some issues, but the direction of the sun did NOT help. I'm noticing some of the corps are having issues with it as well. For all the sickness they endured this week, the Cascades did a fantastic job!

• Like 2

As I mentioned in the Centerville thread, I treated my older sister and her younger son (just turned 13) to their first show last night. They had a good time. We left before scores were announced, but I emailed them to her when I got home three hours later. She understood why the Cavaliers were on top, but she was surprised that "the bird show", which she had very much liked, finished last of the nine corps.

• Like 7

Everyone is hard at work. I hope that after last week's events that morale is stronger for them. Been a tough road but I am so proud of how hard they have worked. They have faced a LOT of adversity this season...from injuries to heat exhaustion to a bus break that caused them to withdraw from the Rome show...let's show some love for the Cascades!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

As I mentioned in the Centerville thread, I treated my older sister and her younger son (just turned 13) to their first show last night. They had a good time. We left before scores were announced, but I emailed them to her when I got home three hours later. She understood why the Cavaliers were on top, but she was surprised that "the bird show", which she had very much liked, finished last of the nine corps.

The show is criminally underscored, IMO.  I feel strongly that they are much closer to the pack above them than below, so not sure why they've been hovering where they have been recently.  I hope the members aren't discouraged by the scores they've been getting, because the truth is that they have one of the more crowd pleasing shows of the entire year.  Lots of great things happenings in Seattle and I hope to see them continue to push on next year.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

The show is criminally underscored, IMO.  I feel strongly that they are much closer to the pack above them than below, so not sure why they've been hovering where they have been recently.  I hope the members aren't discouraged by the scores they've been getting, because the truth is that they have one of the more crowd pleasing shows of the entire year.  Lots of great things happenings in Seattle and I hope to see them continue to push on next year.

I keep wondering why it is so underscored. So many people have said how much they love the show. It isn't clean, but it is scored so low I do not understand it.

• Like 1

Bump.

I just wanted to show my appreciation for the Cascades and their show this year as it looks like they will miss Semifinals for the first time since 2014. Thank you for entertaining all of us with an incredible, beautifully-designed show throughout the season. No matter what the scores and placements say, the show deserved all the praise it got from us here at DCP.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Bump.

I just wanted to show my appreciation for the Cascades and their show this year as it looks like they will miss Semifinals for the first time since 2014. Thank you for entertaining all of us with an incredible, beautifully-designed show throughout the season. No matter what the scores and placements say, the show deserved all the praise it got from us here at DCP.

My heart just hurts for the member of the Cascades, but posts like this & @Musicman1084 are exactly what that corps needs to see.  This corps brought an excellent, palatable show to the table this year and the corps performed it very well.  They have grown leaps and bounds in the past few years.  Hopefully the stigma that follows them will peel away & they'll continue to grow.  I truly believe this corps has something to show the world!  

To the members, don't lose hope - and don't lose heart.  You overcame tremendous obstacles and truly played/marched with all your heart, that is obvious.  Keep pushing forward!!  Next season start today!

• Like 5