Unpopular Opinions?

16 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Ok. I'll text Major League Baseball tomorrow. 

My point is that consistency in judging, umpiring, refereeing, etc… within any competition is ‘not’ herd mentality.  Consistency in adjudicating observable criteria is what is required, crucial, essential, and vital in order to make the competition as fair and equitable as humanly possible.

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

My point is that consistency in judging, umpiring, refereeing, etc… within any competition is ‘not’ herd mentality.  Consistency in adjudicating observable criteria is what is required, crucial, essential, and vital in order to make the competition as fair and equitable as humanly possible.

We'll agree my opinion is unpopular to you. My perceptions are my perceptions. All are free to disagree.

3 minutes ago, Tobias said:

We'll agree my opinion is unpopular to you. My perceptions are my perceptions. All are free to disagree.

Your opinion is that herd mentality is bad, and to show that judges think for themselves you do not want them to have consistency in the way they evaluate observable criteria because consistency in observation would be herd mentality. I got it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, E3D said:

... I wish like HE double toothpicks that there was a Fan judging app. If done correctly then it would be interesting. Also this will cause some to quake and shake here but I wish there was a Fan approval caption for the folks who are at the live show. It does not have to count for the points but could be shown alongside the actual scores of what the fans like. Sorta like the rotten tomatoes deal where the "experts" (in this case the judges) rate something and then the popcorn icon that indicates the people who just paid coin to see the show and how they view it. 

Millions of non-musician fans of Lady Gaga overwhelmingly gravitate toward her performances of lip-syncing to recorded electronic instruments while doing outrageous antics on stage; while most fans who are musicians gravitate toward her actually singing and playing piano live with Tony Bennett while real musicians back them up live on stage. Just sayin'.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Millions of non-musician fans of Lady Gaga overwhelmingly gravitate toward her performances of lip-syncing to recorded electronic instruments while doing outrageous antics on stage; while most fans who are musicians gravitate toward her actually singing and playing piano live with Tony Bennett while real musicians back them up live on stage. Just sayin'.

Obviously we are in different time zones or even on different planets. So lets just say ... I don't dig on tasters choice and I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee tastes. 

1 minute ago, E3D said:

So lets just say ... I don't dig on tasters choice and I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee tastes. 

Is that something like "not looking for tuna with good taste, but rather for tuna that tastes good" ?

8 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Is that something like "not looking for tuna with good taste, but rather for tuna that tastes good" ?

You got that right! or Left??? but yeah not YEA. :guinesssmilie:

I don't know if this is the right thread because I just have an opinion but AnyWho............... Someone needs to do the Goat Rodeo. Just an opinion,,, that would be a great show for music adaptation into DCI. 

1 hour ago, E3D said:

Obviously we are in different time zones or even on different planets. So lets just say ... I don't dig on tasters choice and I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee tastes. 

1 hour ago, E3D said:

As it applies to DCI… the point I was making was that while fans who are musicians would likely find the current SCV Percussion under the direction of Paul Rennick as being one of the best at entertainment, most non-musician fans would likely find a group with, albeit qualitative, antic-based air-drumming forms of Stomp way more entertaining.  And I venture to say that the ratio (not raw numbers but ratio) of non-musician fans to fans who are musicians in DCI also reflects the ratio of fans outside of DCI who attend pop concerts.

Edited by Stu