Phantom Regiment 2017

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

One of the classy guys who makes Regiment a favorite corps. http://petertbates.com/sponsor  Please be generous. 

(this friend of a friend you might recognize from last season's FJM catalog as well.)

I'm sure he's great. But I wouldn't include "credit cards" on my list of interests on a webpage devoted to asking for donations.

"He is passionate about marching and music, credit cards, and computers."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointed that a chunk of hornline leaders left to march BD. In the end, it's their decision though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fatbrassboy said:

Disappointed that a chunk of hornline leaders left to march BD. In the end, it's their decision though.

Can you blame them?  BD is putting out some of the best show designs right now (even if they arent always fan favorite) and they are getting incredibly good results.  Loyalty is not a thing in drum corps anymore.  There are some people, but 99% of the time, if someone thinks they can make a better corp they are gonna try out.   Plus, Phantom had a bit of an off year last year, those guys might not want to stay.

4 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Can you blame them?  BD is putting out some of the best show designs right now (even if they arent always fan favorite) and they are getting incredibly good results.  Loyalty is not a thing in drum corps anymore.  There are some people, but 99% of the time, if someone thinks they can make a better corp they are gonna try out.   Plus, Phantom had a bit of an off year last year, those guys might not want to stay.

Very true!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Can't fault people for wanting to be challenged and pursue excellence. 

Or staff deciding they want another challenge after accomplishing all their goals at a previous Corps.

Corps hopping in Drum Corps is the culture. As the saying goes, if you crave unquestioned, committed, devoted loyalty, buy a dog. As you won't find it in DCI Drum Corps much of the time. Good, bad or indifferent, thats the way it is.

Did I predict the Blue Devils to medal this season on the 2017 prediction thrread, by the way ? If not, let me get this out of the way now, and  predict BD will medal in 2017 all the way to 2067. Ok, so they might crumble one or 2 years during the next half century and finish a horrific 4th or 5th a time or 2,, before rebounding nicely to returning to medaling, or winning it all the next season. Whew, glad I at least got my annual medals prediction out of the way for the next half a century anyway with the Blue Devils in DCI.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Did I predict the Blue Devils to medal this season on the 2017 prediction thrread, by the way ? If not, let me get this out of the way now, and  predict BD will medal in 2017 all the way to 2067. Ok, so they might crumble one or 2 years during the next half century and finish a horrific 4th or 5th a time or 2,, before rebounding nicely to returning to medaling, or winning it all the next season. Whew, glad I at least got my annual medals prediction out of the way for the next half a century anyway with the Blue Devils in DCI.

I'm glad you're optimistic that DCI will still be active in 50 years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

I'm glad you're optimistic that DCI will still be active in 50 years.

I 'm also predicting that neither one of us will be around to know if this prediction of mine came to fruition or not.

9 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Or staff deciding they want another challenge after accomplishing all their goals at a previous Corps.

Corps hopping in Drum Corps is the culture. As the saying goes, if you crave unquestioned, committed, devoted loyalty, buy a dog. As you won't find it in DCI Drum Corps much of the time. Good, bad or indifferent, thats the way it is.

Ah, the Revolving Door Rebels

Edited by xandandl