Phantom Regiment 2017

Ya can't please 'em all now can you? I am anxious to see how this develops over the season. The music choices are stellar and Will's arrangements will not disappoint. Now, about that uniform.......

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Well the music selections seem very enjoyable.

I love that they're programming a symphony subtitled "The Year 1917" in the year 2017.

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I love that they're programming a symphony subtitled "The Year 1917" in the year 2017.

Yes, it is the opinion of some that Phantom changes verrrrrrrrrrrry slowly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

This is the first Phantom show in a while (not counting shows based on only one piece, i.e. 2010 & 2012) in which I think the music choices go together wonderfully. As another poster mentioned, the Jarre and Khachaturian stand out to me. And with Cartwright at the helm, the possibilities for a great show are endless.

This whole announcement has me wondering two things:

- Is the Jarre the first piece Phantom has ever performed that is entirely electronic?

- In the trailer posted in the show announcement, there is someone wearing a black hooded gown with a red fabric cover over the head. Is this the guard costume? If so, that looks VERY Cartwright.

I have a feeling they'll surprise us this year in one way or another.

1000 Airplanes on the Roof by Philip Glass in '07 was largely electronic I think.

• Like 2

Looks like the black "bib" from the early uniform concept sketch might have made it to the final version based on the video.

Does anyone know if Phantom normally posts their tour shirts for sale online before the start of the season? I may be feeling overhyped, but this show has me super excited!

Finally another dark show! I was getting really bored with the direction PR was going in from 2013-2016. Those shows all felt like one long ballad to me. This show sounds like something I can really get into!

• Like 5