Phantom Regiment 2017

I just watched them as well. The brassline is really moving throughout the whole show.  I think it's great that they stepped up the difficulty, but I hope they can overcome this drill to put some power behind them.  The low brass sounds weak at times, but that might have just been the recording I was watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Western Burger said:

I just watched them as well. The brassline is really moving throughout the whole show.  I think it's great that they stepped up the difficulty, but I hope they can overcome this drill to put some power behind them.  The low brass sounds weak at times, but that might have just been the recording I was watching.

Funnily enough but I think the low brass is the only section holding their weight right now (and the guard)

• Like 3

Sooo no comments on how relatively well they're scoring so far? The show is still incredibly dirty and has more difficulty than the corps in their vicinity right now. 

Haters gonna hate, but PR is outperforming people's expectations so far, and their scores over corps like Blue Stars and BK show it. 

Also their brass being only .1 behind Blue Stars' fantastic hornline is really great to see! 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

This is a forum about the Phantom Regiment.  Let's keep it that way!

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps

observation from DCI Minnie -

the amping of the entire corps is detracting from the signature PR hornline sound -

From what I heard last night in the stadium, the sound of the hornline coming out of the speakers, gives the hornline a flat, dull and lifeless sound -

ditch the mics on the  front sideline and just play as normal - I don't think you need to try to augment your sound through the sound system.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Polonius said:

observation from DCI Minnie -

the amping of the entire corps is detracting from the signature PR hornline sound -

From what I heard last night in the stadium, the sound of the hornline coming out of the speakers, gives the hornline a flat, dull and lifeless sound -

ditch the mics on the  front sideline and just play as normal - I don't think you need to try to augment your sound through the sound system.

It's like watching a corps show live with the sound coming from YouTube.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Enough with the lowbrow political stuff!  A lot of us on here are Trump supporters and you don't see us abusing a forum about drum corps to bash anyone but DCI judges. 

2 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

This is a forum about the Phantom Regiment.  Let's keep it that way!

Hmm, okay got it.

Are other corps mic'ing their entire hornline?

• Like 1

I was so pleased with what I heard and saw via FloMarching from last night's show.  I'm not a former member, don't have any children who are members, don't work for them, just have a sentimental attachment to PR because of the glorious beauty they have brought to the field in the past.  I sat in front of my computer screen and just soaked up the beauty and power that I was hearing and seeing.  Any "dirtyness" went right over my head because I was so enthralled with the show.  It was much better than their first performance that I saw and I am loving this show.  In a lineup that is filled with jazz, dissonance, and angst-filled music, it was just refreshing to hear the rich beauty.  And a standing ovation from me to that flugelhorn soloist - wonderful.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I was so pleased with what I heard and saw via FloMarching from last night's show.  I'm not a former member, don't have any children who are members, don't work for them, just have a sentimental attachment to PR because of the glorious beauty they have brought to the field in the past.  I sat in front of my computer screen and just soaked up the beauty and power that I was hearing and seeing.  Any "dirtyness" went right over my head because I was so enthralled with the show.  It was much better than their first performance that I saw and I am loving this show.  In a lineup that is filled with jazz, dissonance, and angst-filled music, it was just refreshing to hear the rich beauty.  And a standing ovation from me to that flugelhorn soloist - wonderful.

Thanks for adding some positivity on DCP for this corps :)

• Like 2