Phantom Regiment 2017

I have seen a few people mentioning how young Phantom is this year.  Just how young is this year's corps? Anyone know? 

I took my son to Show of Shows in Rockford last Friday. I must say that I was very, very pleased with Phantom! It seems like they are rapidly improving with each show. Love the music, the drill, the guard, everything! Some spots were a bit rough, but they were addressing them in rehearsals. Can't wait to see where this production ends up! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

I took my son to Show of Shows in Rockford last Friday. I must say that I was very, very pleased with Phantom! It seems like they are rapidly improving with each show. Love the music, the drill, the guard, everything! Some spots were a bit rough, but they were addressing them in rehearsals. Can't wait to see where this production ends up! 

I was pretty amazed and impressed by the improvement from Santa Barbara to Pasadena last week.

If they keep that trajectory, this show will smoke come August. They are only competing against themselves to be the best that they can be and have the best show of their lives.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I have seen a few people mentioning how young Phantom is this year.  Just how young is this year's corps? Anyone know? 

Along these lines... when was the last time a Regiment hornline was this raw early season (difficulty aside)? I recall the trumpets having some issues at points in the 2011 show - most were worked out by Indy. 

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

"it's not fair. All the horn players get 2 helmets each, and we pit people don't even get one."  (j/k)

Image may contain: 1 person

I love love love those uniforms.

• Like 4

Excited to see the show tonight. I have to admit that the past few times I've seen them ('16 especially) its been a tad lackluster.

I am curious to see the new uni's in person. I was not a fan of the tan/scout uniforms, I prefer the all white. (Although the all black weren't bad).

I am hopeful to find some excitement to the show this time around. They are my all time fave (I'm also an alum) and am hopeful they can start trending upwards towards the top 5 again where they/we should belong year after year.

Bring it PR!

• Like 5

Good luck to all the corps tonight. Stay hydrated and stay healthy!

SUTA

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 8:11 AM, kdaddy said:

Hmm, okay got it.

Are other corps mic'ing their entire hornline?

Yes, but they're doing it in different ways.