Phantom Regiment 2017

13 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Yup! Newsflash: drum corps are marching bands!!! They march in formations while playing instruments :guinesssmilie:

Acting offended over that categorization is simply arrogance/elitism. I have friends in several different corps and they've all told me that most members in current corps refer to themselves as bands. Scandalous, I know. 

Mmmm nah. as much as you might want them to be. "it's all CorpS".:guinesssmilie:

• Like 2

Corps are a "type" of band.  Ya, so if it's elitist, they earned it.  If that's the case is the Marine Corps "elite"?  #### right they are.

10 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Corps are a "type" of band.  Ya, so if it's elitist, they earned it.  If that's the case is the Marine Corps "elite"?  #### right they are.

But then you get the Marine Corps Band, and we're not allowed to mention his name on DCP anymore.:whistle:

Now back to Regiment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Thanks for all the pictures @xandandl

29 minutes ago, xandandl said:

But then you get the Marine Corps Band, and we're not allowed to mention his name on DCP anymore.:whistle:

Now back to Regiment.

Love the 'Commandant's Own' USMC Drum and Bugle Corps , USNNA and USAFA Drum and Bugle Corps, and their  Marching Bands. For Cappy..saw and heard this a few rows up..never forgetting their epicness Good luck to your PR

1812 in 83

2 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Love the 'Commandant's Own' USMC Drum and Bugle Corps , USNNA and USAFA Drum and Bugle Corps, and their  Marching Bands. For Cappy..saw and heard this a few rows up..never forgetting their epicness Good luck to your PR

1812 in 83

I wish I could go back in time and watch all of PR's shows from the 80's and 90's live. What an experience that must've been

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I wish I could go back in time and watch all of PR's shows from the 80's and 90's live. What an experience that must've been

Sadly. the finals' broadcast filming was sub par but every crowd that saw them went absolutely wild..that brassline, guard, and sweet battery. Def an indelible impression. Broadcast team featured a Broadway choreographer of note..seeing her gush over PR was worth all. Cheers.