Phantom Regiment 2017

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

And all the people who complained about the small, amped hornline.

Frankly, my only suggestion for Phantom next season (besides keeping everyone on staff and retaining vets) is to add a few members to the hornline and cut a few members from the guard. While the music arrangements are great and visual package is the best they've had in several years, they just need to fill out the brass sound a bit more. It's felt a bit empty throughout the season.

In the meantime, here's hoping Phantom continues to surge and perhaps challenge the Cadets for 7th!

I couldn't agree more - I want to see the return of an 80 person hornline with dark, vengeful power!!!  :thumbs-up:

• Like 5

Is Phantom planning on a different ending this year? I ask because they're dirtier than they typically are at this point in the season so it may actually be inefficient to change the closer 

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Is Phantom planning on a different ending this year? I ask because they're dirtier than they typically are at this point in the season so it may actually be inefficient to change the closer 

They usually change the ending during Allentown week. I'm satisfied with what they have as the ending, though - maybe just add a kick halt or leg extension at the end.

53 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Here's the tiny guy (on the right) getting set to go off to dental school. Hey dentist's still wear white, right?

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, child and outdoor

• Like 3

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

Eh, the 2011 kick-halts were good.

I liked the one in 2012 too

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I liked the one in 2012 too

I loved the kick halts all 3 years.  The 2010 kick halt accented an incredibly powerful moment!

Harvey

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

I loved the kick halts all 3 years.  The 2010 kick halt accented an incredibly powerful moment!

Harvey

Seven years on and any mention of 2010 still sends chills down my spine. It also is the only time in all my years that I felt a drum corps improved upon the source music. 

• Like 3