Phantom Regiment 2017

56 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Regiment has a noobie conductor and two identical brothers as assistants. We as Phantom phriends don't know them. Not a peep in ongoing Regiment releases in the way the corps used to front David, Dean, Will and Koji. In fact, there are almost no pictures of corps members relaxed or smiling in situations apart from field ensemble or actual competitions. It's as if the rest of tour life doesn't exist. Do smiles exist?

While they come in spurts, the snapchat videos are very light hearted. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

While they come in spurts, the snapchat videos are very light hearted. 

Ah my rotary phone missed that.

Of course snapchat is rather internal in that you have to have an account, know the photo logo to hit for the other, and be constantly checking rather than an alert system. The young folks would be more familiar for sure. What about donors? 

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Ah my rotary phone missed that.

Of course snapchat is rather internal in that you have to have an account, know the photo logo to hit for the other, and be constantly checking rather than an alert system. The young folks would be more familiar for sure. What about donors? 

As a small-time donor, I get almost no communication from the corps (check that - just searched gmail, and it goes to a folder other than my inbox), and I like it that way. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but "smiles" don't matter that much to me - I'm sure they're having a great time. They post great photos to facebook regularly (which requires an account and constant checking), but indeed they typically aren't candid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, henry7184 said:

This. Those were probably their three best designed shows ever. 2007 is so underrated. My favorite Regiment show.

Agree.  And I think it was Rennick's best drumline during his tenure at PR, though he won the Sanford in 06, 08, and 10.

TOC show so take the scores with a grain of salt but the recaps consistently show Regiment above Blue Knights in content and below them in execution. That's a very good sign, as this corps is known to finish strong 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

TOC show so take the scores with a grain of salt but the recaps consistently show Regiment above Blue Knights in content and below them in execution. That's a very good sign, as this corps is known to finish strong 

I heard TOC isn't scored any differently anymore. Is that true.

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I heard TOC isn't scored any differently anymore. Is that true.

That is a true fact. The sheets are the same. For some reason though, I find the recaps to be a little odd at these shows, but it may be my confirmation bias. Regardless, we'll found out very soon 

23 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That is a true fact. The sheets are the same. For some reason though, I find the recaps to be a little odd at these shows, but it may be my confirmation bias. Regardless, we'll found out very soon 

Yeah, BK opened up on them last night. I can't get over how big Regiment's guard is. I wish they would stay in the black robes and red shielded faces the whole show, but I know it wouldn't fit the theme.

• Like 1

Just now, henry7184 said:

Yeah, BK opened up on them last night. I can't get over how big Regiment's guard is. I wish they would stay in the black robes and red shielded faces the whole show, but I know it wouldn't fit the theme.

Would probably give some guard members heat stroke too

• Like 1