DCI Partners with FloMarching......

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I would others to continue to comment as I am on the fence with Flomarching.  I found their pricing policies confusing. 

Because of that I did NOT sign up tonight, and I've been looking at their product for the last month.  As much as I love the previous year's live broadcasts I don't see the point of spending $150 for a poor product that is only frustrating to watch.

I looked at it this way.  A full year gets me DCI this summer, BOA this fall, and WGI in the spring...plus any of their sports programming.  $150 is very fair and less than paying for those individually as with last year.

So far tonight the quality as been very good.  Does it continue???

I also look at it this way...two options.  1) be able to watch or 2) don't watch.

gotta go...Academy is about to start.

• Like 4

This has most likely been answered before but with the subscription if you miss it live can you go back and watch it thank you

And if the feed is buffering, as it's doing to me right now, there's no way to go back and watch what FloMarching made you miss. Grr.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And if the feed is buffering, as it's doing to me right now, there's no way to go back and watch what FloMarching made you miss. Grr.

Uh not to sound harsh, but unless everyone is experiencing those issues, that's definitely an issue on your end. 

Cant blame Flo for that 

Just now, Cappybara said:

Uh not to sound harsh, but unless everyone is experiencing those issues, that's definitely an issue on your end. 

Cant blame Flo for that 

I'm watching on the connection that I watched the preview show on. It worked just fine then, no glitches whatsoever. That's why I decided to pay for a subscription. I paid for it and started watching just as Academy started. I got to watch maybe one minute of their show, in about 30 two-second intervals. I'll give them one more corps to see if it gets better, and if not, I'm writing to ask for my money back.

(Weirdly, as I type this, the feed has been just fine for the past three minutes: for the Academy load-out and BK load-in.)

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I'm watching on the connection that I watched the preview show on. It worked just fine then, no glitches whatsoever. That's why I decided to pay for a subscription. I paid for it and started watching just as Academy started. I got to watch maybe one minute of their show, in about 30 two-second intervals. I'll give them one more corps to see if it gets better, and if not, I'm writing to ask for my money back.

(Weirdly, as I type this, the feed has been just fine for the past three minutes: for the Academy load-out and BK load-in.)

I should also note I had it set for the lowest resolution.

However, there were no skips during BK's show.

My question is: what changed? Nothing at my end, certainly.

(That's why just a little DVR ability would be nice. Give us, say, five minutes!)

22 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I should also note I had it set for the lowest resolution.

However, there were no skips during BK's show.

My question is: what changed? Nothing at my end, certainly.

(That's why just a little DVR ability would be nice. Give us, say, five minutes!)

(Speedtest says 12.9 upload, 4.49 download and adds: "Your Internet connection should be able to handle streaming an HD video. If multiple devices are streaming video at the same time, you may run into some slowdowns." None are, but I'm stuck at 240 from Flo; nothing faster plays w/o skips, and even that does from time to time. Oh well. Blurry is better than nothing, I guess.)

Seriously: I get no skips between shows, only during shows. That is bizarre.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

23 minutes ago, eightyonepointthree said:

Was watching with my 7.1 denon and polk audio speakers.  Not a great sound.  Switched to my BOSE headphones.  Still not great.

Switched to a cheap set of apple headphones and it is now almost tolerable. The lesson is to use cheap equipment I guess.

Obviously you have good equipment.  It's hard to understand why the cheap headphones would sound better.

I could put up with video that is not perfect but top quality sound is an absolute requirement.