Loudest Moments Ever???

The two loudest non-marching moments that I can remember hearing live were Slaughter on 10th Avenue by 1975 Madison Scouts, in the rain at DCI Midwest in Whitewater, and The Boxer by the 2008 Bluecoats, at the Fort Walton Beach show. My wife and I were running the show, and were down on the track during Bluecoats' show, and when they hit the opening of The Boxer, my, oh my. Thought I was gonna have to change my underwear, it was so loud.

• Like 2

The single loudest moment ever is 1992 Star of Indiana 28 seconds into their show.

The second loudest moment ever is 1992 Star of Indiana 23 seconds into their show.

The third loudest moment ever is 1992 Star of Indiana at 19 seconds into their show.

Edited by henry7184

8 hours ago, sacrificialclown said:

probably not the only one to remember this, but Phantom playing Amazing Grace during retreats in 92 could be heard BLOCKS away from the stadium. Not show specific per se, but applicable I think. Loudest line I never heard from the stands was far and away 92 VK.

We got a little carried away, to be sure.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2017 at 8:22 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Yep...and then the final moments of "Let It Be Me" were off the decibel-chart too. Still hate that one baritone got a little over-aggressive in those final phrase...you can hear him/her on the tapes to this day. Might have cost them a medal. Finished 4th to Bridgemen by a hair after beating them in Prelims. 

If you're talking about what I think you are, I don't think that was a baritone... that was Sasquatch on contra.  He was playing so loud he could only hold the note for about 3/4 of a second at a time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

If you're talking about what I think you are, I don't think that was a baritone... that was Sasquatch on contra.  He was playing so loud he could only hold the note for about 3/4 of a second at a time.

I think we must be talking about the same thing. It was noticeable and I was a 17-year old "popcorn eater" back then. Spirit was my favorite corps because my older brother had marched 79 ( and then again in 81 ), but I remember thinking "Whoever that is sticking out is going to cost them 3rd place..." 

I had seats in the second row of semifinals in 2016, and when that Blue Devils trombone section began to play it shook the stands!