Loudest Moments Ever???

We had more than a few tell us that '84 SCV had its "DCI High Volume" moments (first hit in opener, Tenderland push with diagonal company front and horns to press box)...I had condensation clouds coming out of my bell during the push (I could see it in the lights)...the added touch was when an old guy in the front row 45 made direct eye contact with me; I held his gaze for a good 6-8 counts, played louder for the crescendo and he just burst into tears.

For the modern era, the Infinity Chord by Troopers 2011 at Allentown had me sobbing as the place just shook; that was awesome payback. 

• Like 3

There are numerous moments I can name from older drum corps shows but this one gets my vote for the modern era...

I saw Crown twice in '12, and both hits at :10 and :19 of the video below were truly magnificent.  I remember the first time I saw it live I was watching the pit right before the first hit paying no attention to what brass was doing.  Then it hit....I thought the sky was falling :spitting:.  Incredibly powerful, and in my opinion underrated, musical moment in recent drum corps history.  Great corps, great show!  

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Madison 75
BD 1986 - The first hit in the show. "Holy Mother of..."

8 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I'm not as old as some of you dinosaurs but one moment that sticks out to me is 08 bluecoats during the boxer melody on the front right sideline. That hit felt like you were getting punched in the face with sound especially if you were right in front of them. It was brutal

If you're lucky........you'll get to be a dinosaur too one day!  And then you can complain about drone pits, phasing bots, and out of focus VR glasses.  🙂

10 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I'm not as old as some of you dinosaurs but one moment that sticks out to me is 08 bluecoats during the boxer melody on the front right sideline. That hit felt like you were getting punched in the face with sound especially if you were right in front of them. It was brutal

this and Madison 2010