Corp pages-Cadets win by..ALOT

2 hours ago, afd said:

Cadets are at 643. The next popular corp pages is Boston at over 200. BD is around 95. The rest...well...below 90. Why are the Cadets a big topic? This is only for 2017.

corp?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

This site was also started by a few very hard core, very inside Cadets people, many who are still very active here. It's their corps, so they obviously want to talk about them. And they have access to a lot of inside info that we don't get from any other corps.

i wish all the corps were as interested in social media as Cadets are. Or, maybe not!

Um. This site was started by me. Only me, still active here. Yes I am partially responsible for the long Cadets threads 

Gulity, party of one?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

This site was also started by a few very hard core, very inside Cadets people, many who are still very active here. It's their corps, so they obviously want to talk about them. And they have access to a lot of inside info that we don't get from any other corps.

i wish all the corps were as interested in social media as Cadets are. Or, maybe not!

Maybe other corps fans have other places to discuss things.

As my profile indicates, I'm a Crossmen alumnus.  Everyone knows the Crossmen spent a long time out of finals.  They even moved across the country, which wasn't a popular thing.  There certainly were things to complain about, but you didn't see anyone doing much of it on DCP.  That's because we don't see it as being particularly productive.  When your corps is down, the most important thing to getting them back up is recruitment and fundraising.  Having a very vocal social presence consisting of people constantly complaining isn't a particularly good tool for either.

So, if anything negative was being said, it wasn't for all the world to see.

We also have an extremely active closed Facebook page with over 2000 members.  If we have anything to say about the corps, we say it there first.  Corps management and staff are open to read it.  There's no point in using DCP to air certain topics that are best discussed elsewhere.

The members of the corps and prospective members of the corps don't need alumni and fans who complain all the time.  They need support.  Maybe this isn't so important when a corps is in the top 3 or top 5 because success is a big counterpoint to negativity.  But, it doesn't seem so wise when a corps is struggling.

Just my humble opinion.  

6 hours ago, afd said:

Cadets are at 643. The next popular corp pages is Boston at over 200. BD is around 95. The rest...well...below 90. Why are the Cadets a big topic? This is only for 2017.

To provide more of a difference between the number of Cadet pages and Boston pages;  MOST of Bostons pages were in September when their staff changes shall we say were the hot topic of conversation!      Previous year Boston had a little over 100 pages I think.  Cadet pages for the most part are very passionate entries.

17 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

It can be toxic. 

sometimes people fight. Just a fair warning my little precious poppycock 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

pitchy?

pitchy_t_shirt-raddb732a9b7747049079c136

• Like 1