Harrowing Hamilton - June 26th, 2017

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Interesting. It worked pretty well for Buccaneers in DCA last year.

Personally, I'm fine with shows having no "concept" at all, or with using the concept very loosely just to hang some great performances on. But once it feels like there should be more, if there isn't, then that's trouble.

I agree. I'm fine with none at all, but I think if you're going to commit to one you need to carry it through. I'm just not sure where Colts are going with theirs. 

2 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

Very impressed by Troopers! Whoda thunk you'd ever hear the Troopers play Nessum Dorma? And it was GLORIOUS. Like the simple approach to the visual. No props, just marching and playing. Everything looks very crisp between the guard in all red and the corps proper. Horns sound amazing. Show is challenging and has plenty if room to grow and refine.

They apparently didn't use them tonight, but they do have 15 circular tarps, each ten yards in diameter, that they spread out three apiece on the 50, 30, and 10 yard lines. The flags they used in their closer have the same or very similar images as those that appear on the tarps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

They apparently didn't use them tonight, but they do have 15 circular tarps, each ten yards in diameter, that they spread out three apiece on the 50, 30, and 10 yard lines. The flags they used in their closer have the same or very similar images as those that appear on the tarps.

Okay, got it. I expect I'll see them on Friday in Muncie (show #4).

I would be posting photos as well but I can't figure out how on Android. I'll add them later if I can.

12 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I'm not a fan of tarps...a la Crossmen and BK other years... etc etc etc

Eat 'em up BOSTON!

• Like 7