Sign in to follow this  
JohnD

Cedarburg WI Rotary Music Festival

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Man.... I honestly had a tear roll down my right eye when I saw that report this morning.... I really hope everyone will be alright.

I was choking back a few myself.  I always worried when my loved ones were on tour.  Hold them close tonight.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was choking back a few myself.  I always worried when my loved ones were on tour.  Hold them close tonight.  

Yep! This is something I got to think of if I am able to volunteer for The Cavaliers... either way, this is just a horrible incident.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

Yep! This is something I got to think of if I am able to volunteer for The Cavaliers... either way, this is just a horrible incident.

Volunteering is a great thing.  This is just a very freak occurrence.  A front tire blowout is a rarity.  I'm a little marked from the bus accident I was in when I marched and that's why I had a heightened sense of worry when my family members were on the road.  

I'm sure you'd find volunteering a valuable life-changing experience.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's hoping The Cavaliers crack 75 points tonight.  It's all up to the brass section and their instructors because the percussion, the visual, and the guard are on fire.  If those horns could sizzle just a bit more, the sky would be the limit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Volunteering is a great thing.  This is just a very freak occurrence.  A front tire blowout is a rarity.  I'm a little marked from the bus accident I was in when I marched and that's why I had a heightened sense of worry when my family members were on the road.  

I'm sure you'd find volunteering a valuable life-changing experience.  

I understand that. My dad used to drive us (my family) everywhere for vacations. We usually went to Colorado... One time he was dozing out and he hit a construction cone. Thankfully, it didn't cause any accidents but it was pretty freaky when it happened. 

I really am hoping to volunteer. I would to have some type of drum corps experience (other than attending a show).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Here's hoping The Cavaliers crack 75 points tonight.  It's all up to the brass section and their instructors because the percussion, the visual, and the guard are on fire.  If those horns could sizzle just a bit more, the sky would be the limit.

Last night, I thought they had their best brass show of the season to date.  They were ON! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

I understand that. My dad used to drive us (my family) everywhere for vacations. We usually went to Colorado... One time he was dozing out and he hit a construction cone. Thankfully, it didn't cause any accidents but it was pretty freaky when it happened. 

I really am hoping to volunteer. I would to have some type of drum corps experience (other than attending a show).

I hope you do!  Volunteers are the lifeblood of drum corps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I understand that. My dad used to drive us (my family) everywhere for vacations. We usually went to Colorado... One time he was dozing out and he hit a construction cone. Thankfully, it didn't cause any accidents but it was pretty freaky when it happened. 

I really am hoping to volunteer. I would to have some type of drum corps experience (other than attending a show).

If you are free on July 20th the corps is looking for volunteers for the Denton show that evening. I know you are probably a good 4+ hours away in Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone scoping the show? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Last night, I thought they had their best brass show of the season to date.  They were ON! 

Good.  I'm an alumnus so I'm always concerned about "my" section.  We're still 0.5 points behind BD and Crown in brass and that's too much.  In my day the brass scores were out of 25 points, not 15, and generally if you scored at least 20 points you were pretty good and if you could score at least a 23 in brass you were superb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.