Beanpot Invitational Lynn, MA July 4th

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

You only know it's incomplete because you pay attention to said insiders. 

True. You were not aware of such info, so you said " for all we know the Cadets will take this show all the way to finals ". My listening to those Cadets insiders provided me info on this that you were not aware of. Such info was able to inform me that the Cadets will not be taking this show to Finals, as they are about to shave some time off the show and insert a new closer in a few days from now.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and Cadets went all black, killing all visual velocity in the show, which was one of the highlights

Which tells us that changes put into shows are not automatically a benefit. The changes can be beneficial, neutral, or hurtful to scores/ placements. And 2 out of the 3 are not " beneficial ". But it just seems like we assume that changes will be automatically beneficial when history tells us its a mixed bag of results at best with such in season changes. Crown's staffs changes in 2015 was beneficial to their Corps scores... Cadets staff decisions on changes to be made during the season of 2015 turned out to be ultimately hurtful to their placement that season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

"I'll instruct you, like me, to entwine, they myrtle of Venus with Bacchus's vine."

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Crown.. 2015. " Inferno ". Won Semi's. just missed at Finals. That closer change they put in in AUGUST was pure genius, imo. It changed the entire pessimistic tone to one of redemption, salvation.Crown were behind the Cadets most of that season..  by more than a couple of points, and well into early August too. But the Crown staff put in a closer right before Championships that catapulted them over the Cadets. Do you recall this ?

Crown won Atlanta and Allentown 2015. They had all the momentum going into Indy. Cadets just fell out of medals due to GE. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

Crown won Atlanta and Allentown 2015. They had all the momentum going into Indy. Cadets just fell out of medals due to GE. 

And Guard.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StarWasOverrated said:

I was in a Taxaxhusnotts looking a drum corps show and it turns out that the BOA Circus was in town. Bunch clownbones and tubaflutes whistling around the field. The Marchin' Catholic Cougar Devils won. Their sequins wouldn't quit.

winternet.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

According to Cadets insiders however, the Cadets will not take this  currently ranked 3rd place show " all the way to Finals". They will be shaving several dozen seconds off the show, doing a rewrite of both the visual and musical closer, and putting in a new musical and visual closer in a few days. It will be THAT closer that the Cadets staff hopes will move the Cadets Corps up from its current 3rd place ranking in DCI.

New closer then they have to work backwards so everything clicks into place so you're correct. Not huge rewrites, BUT, they are not going to paste a different ending onto the show without making sure the pieces leading up to it are cohesive. 

3 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Not huge rewrites, BUT, they are not going to paste a different ending onto the show without making sure the pieces leading up to it are cohesive. 

Is this how the corps has approached these type of changes in previous years?

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Is this how the corps has approached these type of changes in previous years?

The current team are more methodical. Tom and Drew (musically) wanting to stick to the original composition working well with Bobby and (Joe, John etc) on visuals. This is just preplanned layering with some tweaking so nothing unplanned.