Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Again, I said, in this thread, right after Bluecoats finished, that SCV ought to beat them tonight. I also said, in this thread, during Bluecoats' performance, that they needed to figure out how to resolve electronics problems on the fly, i.e., I noted they were having trouble. You can go look up my posts and confirm that I'm telling the truth.

So "everyone" did not say what you think they did.

I don't have to go back and read your posts. I really don't care what you said and when you said it. It's just typical that A Corps loses to B Corps because A Corps had a rough run. They didn't. I was watching. Their opener was tight. EVERYONE has issues right now, not just Bloo. SCV didn't just win because Bloo has issues. They have their own issues to be worked out. This won't be the last time SCV beats Bloo and last night won't be the last time Bloo beats SCV.

Edited by henry7184

14 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Who are the 99% of DCP posters who saw both last night's and tonight's show?

Also, maybe it was better tonight--and maybe SCV just improved more.

Bloo's run tonight was WAY better than Rockford. There's no comparison really...Rockford's run was one of (if not the) worst run of the season. Tonight's (except for the one technical glitch on the ballad solo mic) was ON FIRE!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Why isolate my response with no intention of talking about what I was making a talking point about? People flip flopped from saying it was tight to it was dirty. 

Who are these "people" you speak of?

I only picked out your post because I stumbled across it and disagreed with it--especially because I was someone who didn't say what you indicated was being said. I have lots of posts in this thread yet to read. Quite possibly I'll see some of yours that I like, and if so, I will probably hit the like button.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Again, I said, in this thread, right after Bluecoats finished, that SCV ought to beat them tonight. I also said, in this thread, during Bluecoats' performance, that they needed to figure out how to resolve electronics problems on the fly, i.e., I noted they were having trouble. You can go look up my posts and confirm that I'm telling the truth.

So "everyone" did not say what you think they did.

99% means that there was someone different. Congrats!

• Like 1

Just now, henry7184 said:

I don't have to go back and read your posts. I really don't care what you said and when you said it. It's just typical that A Corps loses to B Corps because B Corps had a rough run. They didn't. I was watching. Their opener was tight. EVERYONE has issues right now, not just Bloo. SCV didn't just win because Bloo has issues. They have their own issues to be worked out.

I believe that you may be seeing a trend in the DCP commentariat which isn't there. That's OK. It happens to all of us. Me among them.

But since I can point to concrete evidence indicating that, contrary to what you said, not everyone waited until the scores were announced to suggest that Bloo would fall to SCV based on performance difficulties, you might consider the possibility that this time, on this tiny little issue, I'm right, and you're wrong.

As I watched Bloo's performance on the feed, I saw problems (not just the electronics, but that's all I mentioned, and thus have no proof that the show felt flat to me relative to what I saw live in Massillon and Pittsburgh), and thus I said that SCV deserved first tonight. I've also said that it's quite possible SCV will go right on beating Bloo. Don't have a horse in this race. Just calling it as best I see it.

• Like 5

Wow Mandarins score pushed Madison out of the 12th draw for San Antonio 

5 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Bloo's run tonight was WAY better than Rockford. There's no comparison really...Rockford's run was one of (if not the) worst run of the season. Tonight's (except for the one technical glitch on the ballad solo mic) was ON FIRE!

OK, so what did you think of SCV's performances each night?

I am genuinely interested to know if SCV and/or Bloo was underscored last night and/or tonight relative to the other corps.

I believe that you may be seeing a trend in the DCP commentariat which isn't there. That's OK. It happens to all of us. Me among them.

But since I can point to concrete evidence indicating that, contrary to what you said, not everyone waited until the scores were announced to suggest that Bloo would fall to SCV based on performance difficulties, you might consider the possibility that this time, on this tiny little issue, I'm right, and you're wrong.

As I watched Bloo's performance on the feed, I saw problems (not just the electronics, but that's all I mentioned, and thus have no proof that the show felt flat to me relative to what I saw live in Massillon and Pittsburgh), and thus I said that SCV deserved first tonight. I've also said that it's quite possible SCV will go right on beating Bloo. Don't have a horse in this race. Just calling it as best I see it.

Empirical data is the best data. 

"To elaborate is no avail, learn'd and unlearn'd feel that it is so."

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yes, you are right. SCV will score an 80.200 at finals (wait semifinals, they won't make finals) because they have worked out all their issues and have peaked. Bluecoats have so many more issues than SCV that they will beat them by at least 17 points at finals (err, I mean semifinals). It's going to take me a while to get used to not referring to SCV and finals in the same breath.

Edited by henry7184