DCI Orlando - July 8, 2017

Just now, BoaDci said:

Absolutely.  Man, what a privilege.  Im glad he continued to teach and didn't let his talents go to waste.

He knew he wanted to be a band director in the 11th grade. And never flinched. My son is the exact same way. I tried to explain to him that " Being a band director will be the longest hours job with the crappiest pay that you're ever going to love..." And he just smiled at me and said..."I know...I'll marry rich, Dad." 

• Like 4

Any updates from Orlando from people there ?

Entering the field Boston Crusaders!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Very strong run for Colts!!

Great!. Howard W. does a great job there... I like their unis this year.. a good merge of the traditional with the mod, imo.

• Like 1

Eat 'em up BOSTON!

little early before..got too excited ...haha

• Like 3

DEQkKh4XkAIukbn.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

1978 was the precise reason my brother was at South Cobb High School auditioning with Freddy Martin for 1979. 1979-1981 were absolute glory years. 

I aged out in 1979, and as much fun as that year was, my favorite year to march was actually 1978. Having finished 23rd in our first year in 1977, no one was expecting much from us in 1978, and they certainly weren't expecting what hit them, especially early in the season. Jim Ott had been telling the hornline all spring that we were in for an amazing summer, but I don't think we really believed him until about the second show of the season in Cedarburg.

• Like 2

DEQlysoW0AAPcC3.jpg

• Like 1