DCI Orlando - July 8, 2017

Spirits brass is having a good run, guard is definitely the weak point right now!

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Watching Crossmen in Minn 

they are so good, have they competed with Boston yet? 

Yes. I love their show... more than a a couple of Corps scoring higher then them too.. I'm so glad they extricated themselves out of YEA.  I'm sure that they feel this way too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The success of The Cavaliers in 2017 is directly proportional to the brass line performance.  

Yup, that's the weak link, per usual (historically speaking).  Guard and percussion are on fire.

• Like 1

First impression of spirit, Much improved.

Just now, Flguardman said:

First impression of spirit, Much improved.

Seeing Spirit of Atlanta live in 1978 and 1979 were great moments in my young life.  Competing against them for the next four years was a privilege.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes. I love their show... more than a a couple of Corps scoring higher then them too.. I'm so glad they extricated themselves out of YEA.  I'm sure that they feel this way too.

What an ignorant comment. I will chalk it up to you having "issues" or something.

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Not sure. Rain again destroyed their rehearsal as it did all day Thursday. Not great luck this week 

It will be interesting. From a quick interchange with my son, Cavies weren't real happy with last night's run, regardless of score and placement. Felt they "gave away points". I love all these shows, and of course I'm a self-admitted homer...I expect Cavies to up their game tonight, but of course I expect Cadets to do the same. Best of luck to all the corps! 

• Like 6

Next up Jersey Surf!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I don't see Garfield pulling ahead of The Cavaliers tonight.  

I know you've been around the block once or twice in DC, ThirdValvesAreForWimps, when you call the Corps from Allentown, Pa,  " Garfield" ( New Jersey ). That goes WAY back... haha!... and kind of cool to still use it, imo... lol

• Like 1