DCI Orlando - July 8, 2017

1 minute ago, Highwaydude said:

and I just noticed Crown has 6 days off coming... i would anticipate more changes and additions coming....

Tomorrow is a parade and some free time.  2 days back in Fort Mill will be nice, then they have another camp with high school kids at Western Carolina.   Those 2 days in that college stadium will be great for them especially if the weather is nice up in the mountains.   They should get alot of work in.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Nah, it's been a long time coming between the BAC crowd on here and reddit. Also, the bullying comment is from about 2 weeks ago in the Crown thread. It's cool though. I'm fine. Just saying what other people think and feel, but don't have the gaul or the profile to say so. 

I have no idea what you are talking about now, but if you got it off your chest now Superman, its all good . Glad you are " cool "... it might've been just the AC in your room  that needed to be dialed up  a notch to make you feel not so overheated earlier tonite. that somebody was posting tweets here on DCP. But alls well, that ends well.

Edited by BRASSO

Oh Crown did have some new body work in the opener and a small change musically in the piece before the ballad towards the end.

• Like 1

Eh, think what ya want, believe what ya will, say what ya feel. 

19 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Tweets are part and parcel of a show thread...thanks for sharing..nice to see non-DCP opinions. Amazing shows BAC (omg), Crown, Cavies,  and all these fine corps!

Sounded like a good nite for Drum Corps... weather held up nicely, when it counted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Narrow said:

Yeah, honestly tweets aren't a big deal. A lot of people here have corps they like to focus on, no single person is alone in that. There's no reason to get mad over it.

The sad part is that certain posters on here fail to realize that if you go look at my posting history from several previous years' show threads...you will see that I was of the few at times who posted about EVERY corps that was in the show for that day...and as many of the positive comments I could find on twitter as well...it's all there plain for them to see...unfortunately some people have very short term memories in the grand scheme of things...and have other ulterior motives or axes to grind for whatever reasoning...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

This is turning out to be a phenomenal season! Congratulations to Carolina Crown and everyone who performed this evening!

I honestly believe there are 7 champion quality shows out there right now. In the 20 years that I've been aware of and following DCI, I've never been able to say that. This is exciting! There is an exquisite product for every taste this year!

SO EXCITED!!!

• Like 1

I'll have more complete thoughts tomorrow, but some impressions from the show:

Crown was phenomenal. My favorite show from them EVER. It spoke to me in a surprising way, which lead me to a theory of what it is about. More on that later. The uniform and crazy hats are stunning in person. Blend with the singer, after starting out so awkward at the beginning of the season, is beginning to be magical.

Love the Cavaliers. It is a really distinctive, original design. I think them removing the hats for 1/2 of the show is new?? The need to edit and let the program breathe. There are parts that are Just. Too. Much. A good place for a breath is Mars. More Mars, less Sinatra. Best color clarity/costumes/uniforms of the night. 

Cadets are just fine. It is a second tier design, but that is completely ok for a rebuilding year. Much more clarity than 2016. They are doing a great job with it. First section is fantastic. Second section needs work. Third section didn't leave much of an impression. *If you are going to spring a surprise ending on people later, quit letting them see what is on the back of the props that you plan on flipping over at some point. Surprise ruined. Hint: it will not be a subtle statement. 

Boston is amazingly improved from last year. Show is very bombastic and some of it borders on disturbing. If there is a storyline, it is a bit out of focus at this point. Guard is right on the heels of the next tier, and you know it is Crown's old staff because they toss and toss and toss and toss. Some great effects from this. Other places, overkill. There is a lot of infighting with the colors.

Spirit's new uniform is GREAT. They all look fantastic in it. Their show is a big jump up from last year. Some really nice moments.

The audience was ready to murder whomever let the animated sign on the screen keep making loud noises and ruining Spirit's quiet moments. The issue was finally corrected.

• Like 4