Mandarins in finals?

Go for it, Mandarins!!

43 minutes ago, Nine White Russians said:

Lol. What member is that? Having watched 8+ hours of rehearsals, talking to several of the men and seeing them put

their hearts and souls into this show, it's clear these guys.....ALL of them, LOVE the show that's been given to them. I think you're

just making this up. Or the person on Reddit is making it up....and probably is not a member.

I dont know the member.  It doesnt reflect my opinions on the show, this guy just said he wasnt enjoying it.  Ill go look for the thread and pm you if its still up.

1 hour ago, Nine White Russians said:

Lol. What member is that? Having watched 8+ hours of rehearsals, talking to several of the men and seeing them put

their hearts and souls into this show, it's clear these guys.....ALL of them, LOVE the show that's been given to them. I think you're

just making this up. Or the person on Reddit is making it up....and probably is not a member.

My first year on DCP. And like other kinds of forums, there are a lot of generalizations that may or may not come from either a single data point or someone's projection of their opinion or wish list. It would surprise me if every mm for every corps was always happy year-to-year. What the Scouts have done this year might amplify any possible sign of discontent.

Would hate to see Madison not make finals. But if Mandarins are executing a great show well, then all the best to them. It was exciting to have The Academy enter finals last year; would be great to have another new corps enter this year. I haven't seen them yet. Waiting for San Antonio.

Edited by mjoakes
verb tense

I'd love to see Mandarins make it into finals.  They have really impressed me the last couple of seasons and IMO they were underscored at finals.  It would be sad to see Scouts miss back to back finals, but I really haven't enjoyed their shows for at least the last decade.  

My heart goes with Mandarins, but my head tells me Scouts get the last spot.

Seems like the last 3 years or so, the 12th spot goes to a corps that just kind of rides the emotion and momentum into the Saturday show - or narrowly misses after a large gain.   Who can forget the Troopers in 2013 with a near miss.  Or BAC over Madison last year, or Crossmen and Colts  the year before that.   The suspense and excitement over that last placement is in some ways as crazy as it at the top of the show.

So, can Mandarins make it? Heck yes!  Either way, the fact they're in the discussion is really great for the activity.   Friday in Indy is going to be nuts!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

Madison has been putting out some very uninspired shows for the past decade or so, wouldn't mind seeing some fresh blood in the Mandarins making it into finals instead 

10 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Seems like the last 3 years or so, the 12th spot goes to a corps that just kind of rides the emotion and momentum into the Saturday show - or narrowly misses after a large gain.   Who can forget the Troopers in 2013 with a near miss.  Or BAC over Madison last year, or Crossmen and Colts  the year before that.   The suspense and excitement over that last placement is in some ways as crazy as it at the top of the show.

So, can Mandarins make it? Heck yes!  Either way, the fact they're in the discussion is really great for the activity.   Friday in Indy is going to be nuts!

There are always the gasps, cries and claps when, on Friday, that 12th spot appears on the scoreboard.  Yes, pretty much as exciting as the medals.

Edited by luv4corps