DCI St. Louis - Lebanon, IL, July 12

17 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I think you (or someone else) mentioned in the Minneapolis thread that Legends tend to surge late in the season as their show cleans up. We'll see if that happens again this year, but it sure wouldn't surprise me.

That was me.  We shall see.  

24 minutes ago, eg0n said:

Well done, SCV! Crowd loved it and they have the look of a title contender.

0EzJflI.jpg

ODOvd3K.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Thanks so much for photos and comments. I know that's a lot to do while also trying to enjoy the shows.

Any time! It helped me keep my mind off of sweating like a pig. Good night and see y'all finals week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eg0n said:

Well, we just got here from STL and the temp dropped about ten degrees. (I was reading 113 on the highway at one point today.) It's about the same as yesterday, when I played an outdoor concert and didn't suffer too much, so hopefully that holds for the corps. I'll try to remember to take other photos...

NPpUgfS.jpg

Thats me in the Blue Stars shirt (OK, just looks like a blue shirt from behind) ... didn't see you taking a picture behind me

After a nice shower after sweltering in the sauna that was Lebanon, IL... Some quick thoughts

good on Music City after a tumultuous spring training. Very well done. 

Genesis, oh man...I love everything about this hornline. Makes me very all happy inside. 

Pioneer - as an old rival of theirs, it pains me to see how small they are. 

Madison - still need to see it again, before I pass judgement. 

Regiment - whole show is fine... It has some fine beautiful moments, but sitting up close, I start nitpicking tech errors... Like articulation in the trumpets. And oh how is love for them to have a bari voice mixed into the euph voicing.

SCV - solid contender. Edgy, fun, entertaining. No weak sections. Need to clean the feet and the forms, especially when a rank of 4 or 5 it the yardline in unison on the same count and don't. Few over rotations in the rifles... But man alive, that show is something else. 

• Like 4

Quick takes and observations------

Enjoyed the Genesis show, they seem to be on the rise. Crowd loved them.

Music City was pretty good also, pretty consistent year to year.

Did not care for the Legends book, but they performed it very well, and putting Pioneer on after the bigger corps was a bit of a let down. Not really fair to fans or kids to go on after Genesis IMO.

Enjoyed the Scouts show, agree with the madmax vibe, very entertaining show. Very modern, looked great under the lights.

As a phantom alum, I was glad to be entertained again by Phantom this year after a lackluster show in 16. They have modernized their approach obvioiusly and I think they will be on the rise again and make a push in the next year or two. I/m not sure this show could rise above 7th or so. They are definitely a step above Madison, but a significant gap between PR and the elite right now. Horns were good and agree that this show has a lot to clean and will only improve as the season goes on. PR received a much better reception this year than the polite applause given to them last year.

SCV.......wow what a powerful show. The white uni's are slick and the rolling circles are a great visual. I can see them as a dark horse to win it all.

Powerful program, horns, and great drumline. Crowd went nuts. My kids loved them and that is always the sign of a good show. They stood quickly after PR and SCV. They know the good stuff when they witness it.

So glad for a DCI show in the area.,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stay Cool!

The Dog

Edited by The Dog
  • Like 3