San Antonio/Seeding Prelims Question

I've tried looking for these answers and can't find them, I know it's been brought up on here before but I thought why not centralize it and have a definitive answer.  

First:

• Is seeding for San Antonio based off the scores from Denver/DeKalb/Alexandria?  

Second:

• Does average for prelims seeding begin with San Antonio or is this weekend also included?

Third:

• What scores are used on the weekend Atlanta usually is?  I'm guessing the 17 who compete on Saturday in Powder Springs plus the 6 who didn't perform in Powder Springs the next night in Winston Salem.  

Thank you in advance.  

:)

1.) Yes

2.) San Antonio, Powder Springs (Atlanta) / Winston-Salem and Allentown

3.) Powder Springs (Atlanta) and Winston-Salem, yes.

Edit: Found the article that goes a bit more in-depth on how performance orders are being determined for each of the major events. http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211439295

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 6

Good questions and answers. Thanks. But I was a bit disappointed this wasn't the start of the San Antonio show thread. Soon...

Now wait a minute.  We have all seen and maybe many of us have been chastised for, comparing scores between shows.  "You can't compare scores, blah, blah, blah"  Right?  So unless I am not quite getting it, how can you seed corps based on scores from three separate shows?  How is the seeding then done with appropriately positioning for performance times, if the scores, not being comparables, are used?  Hopefully I asked that right.

• Like 1

Just now, LabMaster said:

Now wait a minute.  We have all seen and maybe many of us have been chastised for, comparing scores between shows.  "You can't compare scores, blah, blah, blah"  Right?  So unless I am not quite getting it, how can you seed corps based on scores from three separate shows?  How is the seeding then done with appropriately positioning for performance times, if the scores, not being comparables, are used?  Hopefully I asked that right.

I guess they gotta get scores from somewhere, either that or use last years rankings.   They'll probably be in the ballpark, it's not like an 84 in Denver will equal 68 in Alexandria.   Probably +/- 1.5 max discrepancy.  

• Like 2

Does anybody know where Coats are housing in San Antonio?

nevermind.  Wagner HS

Edited by MyKids#1Fan

And don't forget the "seed the Corps and then randomize by 3" aspect. 

• Like 1