Baron DeKalb's Regimental Tattoo - NIU 7/15

Really good scores for everyone. Congrats, SCV!  Cavaliers are a strong corps with a fun fun show.  Cadets did a very nice job tonight and that is a good score. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

IMO Cadets show is not engaging the audience in the same manner as those in front of them. Don't believe this staff can clean it in the manner the old staff did. It's a 7th place show and it might take a miracle to stay there. 

That is a key point that it's not just the designers that are new but the stalwart cleaners (Roche, DeGroff, Duncan, Falco on visual left two seasons ago. Brass cleaners are all new too.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Just now, xandandl said:

That is a key point that it's not just the designers are new but the stalwart cleaners (Roche, DeGroff, Duncan, Falco on visual left two seasons ago. Brass cleaners are all new too.)

No doubt. They are a rebuilding corps on many levels. Nothing wrong with that.  Really like their show. It really works for me. I have always loved that kind of music.  So much better than 2016.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rrunyon1 said:

I am an old school Phantom Phan and I just don't get they're lack of direction. This is not the corps I grew up with and I am suggesting a new corps director. Ever since 08' they have lost the Phantom sound they're innovative drill and most of all storytelling. I am so sad. :unsure:

They lack direction Bc they can't keep a design team together for more than a couple seasons. No stability. 

• Like 2

All the b*tching about Phantom's hornline and they're still doing a lot better than Blue Stars' lauded hornline. Just saying 

They got obliterated in Visual Analysis tonight, interested to know if it was a dirty run or what 

Would've liked to see a slightly higher spread between them and the Stars but I'm happy to see that Phantom's still doing better than what a lot of people on DCP have been making this show out to be :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

All the b*tching about Phantom's hornline and they're still doing a lot better than Blue Stars' lauded hornline. Just saying 

They got obliterated in Visual Analysis tonight, interested to know if it was a dirty run or what 

Would've liked to see a slightly higher spread between them and the Stars but I'm happy to see that Phantom's still doing better than what a lot of people on DCP have been making this show out to be :)

Crossmen beat Blue Stars lauded hornline.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I know which one I'd rather listen to any day of the week, and it's not even remotely close in any way shape or form.  

• Like 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I know which one I'd rather listen to any day of the week, and it's not even remotely close in any way shape or form.  

Okay :)