The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Just now, mingusmonk said:

The potentialities for RF interference are far and wide. And are not at all limited to stadium communications.

Interesting. The reason why I asked is because that reminded me of one year at BOA Atlanta where every single band that used wireless mics had problems. The look of shear horror on every band director's face when their band's solos weren't coming through properly was worth the price of admission all by itself.

Someone should triple dog dare Surf to have a cutout of Chris Christie in his beach chair for Indy.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Is the subway sign new for Surf? Also the props now have color!

I'm fairly certain the subway sign was there two nights ago. You may not have caught it though because I'm pretty sure the wind took it out after the first minute or so.

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Depends on the guard. If you look at the top guards in the past like Crown and BD, almost everyone is skinny and a lot of the guys/gals have abs. Just depends 

Those type of guards are required to be more athletic.

5 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Wireless mics have been using 2.4GHz frequency for at least a couple years. It was thought to be less crowded than UHF, but WiFi commonly uses the same frequency. 

Pioneer wan't using a 2.4 digital system. They don't cut in and out like that. They were likely using an A-band set up. There's nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't use one with a DCI corps that plays in domes. I do use an A-band wireless with my DCA corps...but we're not performing in venues where any outside issue would cause a problem. And holy crap does it ever suck down battery life.

Edited by Kamarag

High hopes for a great show across the board tonight. Excited to see how the top twelve shapes up and especially the top 4. I expect some shakeups tonight.