The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

I love this Academy show musically.  Its missing something though...velocity maybe?

• Like 1

Is there some universal front ensemble school where they teach that generic "bob move"?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hybrid_Johnny said:

Probably a dumb question...but are they releasing preliminary scores at the regionals this year?

not to be a smart____......but since there are no prelims....

• Like 1

Just now, TRacer said:

Is there some universal front ensemble school where they teach that generic "bob move"?

Pulsing is keeping time as they're not marching. Some pits do over sell it though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lastknight said:

not to be a smart____......but since there are no prelims....

Sorry it's been a few years since I marched.  At regionals they would release scores preliminarily throughout the day rather than all the scores at the end of the day. It was always a big deals listening for Dan Potter to announce "And a preliminary score for the Mandarins is..."

Edited by Hybrid_Johnny
  • Like 2

OK I can dig me some “cute” in drum corps especially when it’s as cute and musical as Academy’s show.  I think this is the DC equivalent of the movie days when you got a cartoon before the main feature.  I like this show better every time I see it. 

1 minute ago, Hybrid_Johnny said:

Sorry it's been a few years since I marched.  At regionals they would release scores preliminarily throughout the day rather than all the scores at the end of the day.

Yes. There are no shows with prelims anymore. The regionals have everyone all day and night and that's it.