The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I'd say the top 6 were spectacular....

I would say that BK deserve a good mention. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, just_another_fanatic said:

Yes, that is indeed the sound that they want.

Really liked the BD show, though it seemed off tonight. But that bass is going to kill me.

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Body movements in clusters are not difficult. 6 year olds learn this stuff in dance class in a matter of hours.

Well they don't do body movements in clusters to no end and no a 6 year old couldn't learn to do what they do in a manner of years. ####, I couldn't do what they do..

• Like 2

Drum majors for retreat!  Thought they weren't doing that this year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The opening minute, for those of you who might have discovered drum corps less than five years ago, is a tribute to the Blue Devils' winning shows from the 1970s and the 1980s.  For example, that snare cadence is from "Legend of the One Eyed Sailor."  The trumpet calls are from "Dindi," and "La Suerte de Los Tontos," Blue Devils staples in the day.

Also quotes from "Blue Rondo A La Turk" (from the championship show in 2003), and "As Time Goes By" (1997).

Best I can tell, the two championships from before 2007 they don't clearly shout out are 1996 and 1999...which, that's kinda spectacularly BD that they have enough championships they don't feel obliged to shout out the ties. If that's actually the case...well...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The opening minute, for those of you who might have discovered drum corps less than five years ago, is a tribute to the Blue Devils' winning shows from the 1970s and the 1980s.  For example, that snare cadence is from "Legend of the One Eyed Sailor."  The trumpet calls are from "Dindi," and "La Suerte de Los Tontos," Blue Devils staples in the day.

I got those references, but if that is what they metamorph from, it takes them less than a minute, then they spend the rest of the show doing... something else. 

• Like 1

They are announcing everyone before announcing the scores? Why?