FLO REFUND

3 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Well move your chair to the front of the class, you got it now. 

Thanks for confirming my understanding that most all of your posts should simply be ignored.

I'll happily follow that piece of advice.

4 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Well move your chair to the front of the class, you got it now. 

I sit in the back so nobody can see my bald spot.  You wear a hat and sit up front.

(We're all snickering back here but please continue...)

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

Thanks for confirming my understanding that most all of your posts should simply be ignored.

I'll happily follow that piece of advice.

Thank you it made my day. He gone 

Edited by Jim Schehr

59 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Obviously, there's no way to prove that "the majority of the wrestling community can't stand them." There's just bits of anecdotal evidence.

The "Flo versus the wrestling community" issue, as it pertains to the Oklahoma State/ Penn State situation, is multi-faceted. Flo apparently signed an exclusive agreement to be the sole video provider for Oklahoma State wrestling matches. At the end of the duals season, the OSU/PSU match was set up to be the wrestling equivalent of football's BCS -- essentially a matchup between the top two programs to decide who was number 1. OSU was hosting the meet, and so Flo claimed it had the exclusive rights to the broadcast. I think there was some legal maneuvering as well. Long story short, wrestling fans outside of OSU were a bit peeved that they would have to subscribe to a service to see what was essentially the dual meet wrestling equivalent of a national championship. Then, (and here comes the parallels to our situation), they were not able to provide a suitable stream of the OSU/PSU meet.

Here's one viewpoint, from a Penn State sports blog: (source article)

My take. Flo is trying, but probably grew a bit too fast or spread themselves too thin, and are having scaling issues. They will absolutely have to fix these issues (both on the marching arts side, and on the sports side) in order for their business to succeed.

As you have read and re-posted, I have noted that there were negative comments, as well as positive, on all the sites I researched.  And I am not trying to be an apologist for Flosports.  However, this type of situation has occurred on more massive scales throughout the history of broadcasting; from a Pro Boxing Title Match Pay-per-View going awry, to a network feed going down during a major NASCAR race, to probably the most notorious being the Heidi Game fiasco.!!  So, is being upset at Flosports a valid emotional response? Yes.  But, the company is not the devil incarnate, nor did anything happen with them that has not occurred many times with ESPN, NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, and Pay-per-View.

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Your post here made me even more curious; so have I spent around an hour online doing more research on Flowrestling.  I read through the websites for Team USA, Intermat Wrestle HS, Wrestling USA Online Magazine, various NCAA sites referencing Flowrestling, and the BBB page linked here on DCP.  While I found the typical reviews and comments that all business receive (and most who post to the BBB for any business will always be negative), here is what I discovered: While there were some negative comments, many others were positive, even with some positive articles (including OSU actually praising Flosports for manning-up in both apologizing and offering refunds for the bandwith crash that happened during the PSU OSU match). So, if you have verifiable information which can show that the majority of the 'wrestling community can't stand them', please supply a way for me to access that information.

Your non-stop high horse is truly commendable -- if only we all had the time to ride so freely.  I should have been more specific in saying that the wrestling community that I am a part of, which includes local, regional, and state, struggles with them.  My evidence is in the conversations that occur, some on message boards, but mostly in speaking.  Kind of like people's favorite coffee shop or what movie they like best, it's communities talking, not what's posted on a message board (which you yourself in inaccurate as people only post negative things).  That is is not to say FLO can't do anything right -- they actually seem to be covering the Fargo Nationals (that's a wrestling tournament by the way -- a big one) very well.  There have been a few glitches, but all in all they've done well from what I can see.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to share that opinion, especially when the opinion is based on fact - like the fact that the OK performance was botched by Flo.  Your non-stop, tireless defense of this business certainly must lend itself to your being involved with them somehow.  On a side note, I bought an entire year & have enjoyed being able to jump between wrestling, softball, grappling, and marching.  The "evidence" you are seeking will show itself when you watch the broadcasts.  Wrestling is going good right now.  What happened at Broken Arrow however was inexcusable and should have been handled in a more professional manner.    

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Be prepared for no response to your request, it seems that people have taken a liking on DCP to make a claim and then tell other people to look up evidence by themselves instead of providing it to back up their claim. 

:dancin:I did it, I did it, oh yeah yeah yeah....

Edited by DCIat14
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Your non-stop high horse is truly commendable -- if only we all had the time to ride so freely.  I should have been more specific in saying that the wrestling community that I am a part of, which includes local, regional, and state, struggles with them.  My evidence is in the conversations that occur, some on message boards, but mostly in speaking.  Kind of like people's favorite coffee shop or what movie they like best, it's communities talking, not what's posted on a message board (which you yourself in inaccurate as people only post negative things).  That is is not to say FLO can't do anything right -- they actually seem to be covering the Fargo Nationals (that's a wrestling tournament by the way -- a big one) very well.  There have been a few glitches, but all in all they've done well from what I can see.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to share that opinion, especially when the opinion is based on fact - like the fact that the OK performance watch botched by Flo.  Your non-stop, tireless defense of this business certainly must lend itself to your being involved with them somehow.  On a side note, I bought an entire year & have enjoyed being able to jump between wrestling, softball, grappling, and marching.  The "evidence" you are seeking will show itself when you watch the broadcasts.  Wrestling is going good right now.  What happened at Broken Arrow however was inexcusable and should have been handled in a more professional manner.    

I mean, you said the equivalent of "I heard they suck from some people I know, so they suck," but I'll let ya carry on, who am I to stop you :lle:

2 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Kind of like people's favorite coffee shop or what movie they like best, it's communities talking, not what's posted on a message board (which you yourself in inaccurate as people only post negative things).  That is is not to say FLO can't do anything right -- they actually seem to be covering the Fargo Nationals (that's a wrestling tournament by the way -- a big one) very well.  There have been a few glitches, but all in all they've done well from what I can see.

So there are gripes, like what goes on at coffee shops, but Flo actually seems to be covering the Fargo Nationals (that's a wrestling tournament by the way -- a big one) very well.  There have been a few glitches, but all in all they've done well from what you can see. Yep, that indicates the wrestling community despises Flo alright.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

This was part of what bothered me the other night. Often this could mean they've set compressors at the mixer level, which they should, but the input receive level is likely too low (meaning the compression begins acting at DB levels that should be left alone. In addition the actual compression could be real high, like 3:1 or higher.  They are likely afraid of distortion.  DCI LIVE was getting good at the sound.  My preference for a long time, however, has been that they do not put mics in the pit area or anywhere near the field. Put a left and right pair in the center, either mid way up or all the way up (depending on stadium), then put an additional stereo pair mid way up on each the 30.  Being somewhat further away will let the mics capture the full ensemble in its most pure form. If a pre-amp is needed to pull the sound better then do it.  Additionally, I have often thought that instead of pulling that sound into a mixer, go straight to an Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 8×8 Configuration. These things have the best AD/DA converters. They will let you take the sound straight into a Pro Tools rig. There the sound can be mixed and then synced to the video feed. 

The real problem is likely uploading the stream to the internet and having a fast enough server than can handle the traffic. 

why anyone would put mics in front of the speakers is insane. i realize you may have to move them corps to corps, but it's not hard to figure out

3 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

I don't care about Flo or DCI's gross margins. It's there for those who can't afford to see a show live and in person. It's silly that people want money back. Some cry about Flo like they had to break their piggy bank to purchase the subscription. If you can't afford it don't purchase it. If you do purchase it look at the cost as a donation just like when you purchase a ticket and the show is rained out. If it doesn't meet your expectations cancel it and wait for your corps show to show up on YouTube, but quit poor mouthing the provider for taking your money and giving you crap in return. It was still better than watching the local news. 

i'm not disagreeing with you with caring about profit margins. However my response was to answer someones question as to why the deal was most likely made. While purchasing it didnt break my bank, I'm also not going to be an ######## about it to someone who may see their finances a little tighter than you or I do. 

And while yes, you do sign an agreement, but if service is lacking, you have a right to complain. Doesnt mean you'll get anywhere, especially if you make outrageous demands, but you have a right to complain. You also have the right to ignore them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Your non-stop high horse is truly commendable -- if only we all had the time to ride so freely.  I should have been more specific in saying that the wrestling community that I am a part of, which includes local, regional, and state, struggles with them.  My evidence is in the conversations that occur, some on message boards, but mostly in speaking.  Kind of like people's favorite coffee shop or what movie they like best, it's communities talking, not what's posted on a message board (which you yourself in inaccurate as people only post negative things).  That is is not to say FLO can't do anything right -- they actually seem to be covering the Fargo Nationals (that's a wrestling tournament by the way -- a big one) very well.  There have been a few glitches, but all in all they've done well from what I can see.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to share that opinion, especially when the opinion is based on fact - like the fact that the OK performance was botched by Flo.  Your non-stop, tireless defense of this business certainly must lend itself to your being involved with them somehow.  On a side note, I bought an entire year & have enjoyed being able to jump between wrestling, softball, grappling, and marching.  The "evidence" you are seeking will show itself when you watch the broadcasts.  Wrestling is going good right now.  What happened at Broken Arrow however was inexcusable and should have been handled in a more professional manner.    

Watch out I can feel another long post reply pointing out the details of the fine print in the EUA for flo. 

If you say your proof is that you turned it on and there was no audio then it is going to be dismissed as a couple of them here don't consider that any proof. Even the Flo site acknowledges that the product was no good for Broken Arrow but yet a couple of people are still in here asking for proof that it sucked. 

The bold part of your post above is pretty obvious.

http://www.flomarching.com/article/59197-message-regarding-audio-at-dci-event

• Like 1