FLO REFUND

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i did some digging too. you must be reading CNN and I must be reading Fox News.

Jeff, since you brought it up, I completely agree with you. It seems that Stu got the whole story (Flo issued a refund) while you only got one-side of that story-or at least only reported one side. That pretty much sums up those 2 sources for news.

Just now, denmum said:

Jeff, since you brought it up, I completely agree with you. It seems that Stu got the whole story (Flo issued a refund) while you only got one-side of that story-or at least only reported one side. That pretty much sums up those 2 sources for news.

I saw the refunds for that one incident. I saw others where they didnt. 

58 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

A full year subscriber here....

So far on the season Flo has had some hits...some misses.  Last night had several misses.  Frustrating to the average DCI fan for sure. 

I do know that Flo is not wanting to be in this for just one year.  It is their goal to make DCI (and other marching arts) a successful venture for all involved.  They WANT to do a good job and make it an easy choice for the fans to sign up...this is how they will eventually turn a profit on their investment.  (An investment, by the way, in DCI...not just in equipment, personnel and bandwidth.)

There have been growing pains for sure, but when they get it right, as they have on occasion, it is a great medium for the drum corps fan.

I personally am willing to give them a mulligan on last night.  If things don't improve they will pay the price next year with fewer subscribers which would likely mean they will no longer have an interest in being a partner with DCI.  In the long run it is THE CORPS who will benefit (or not) the most from this venture.  I think we can all agree that we hope it works out great for all involved.

Here's hoping we are all raving about the quality of Flo in San Antonio.

Based on issues during WGI I was hopeful they learned. 

I'm paid til February. Really they have a month. 

18 hours ago, Liahona said:

It is definitely not a Tom Blair production...we have been spoiled with greatness for so many years by his team...

What happened to Tom Blair??

5 minutes ago, war eagle said:

What happened to Tom Blair??

Nothing happened...I think he will still be doing finals...and he does our movie theater productions as far as I know...

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Flo may or may not continue with steaming Flomarching services; but they have a top-notch reputation in the world of scholastic Flowrestling and Flotrack, where they got their start, as well as Flotennis, Florodeo, FLovolleyball, FLosoftball, etc... So I doubt 'the company' will dye a slow loud death based on a hiccup within a niche like drum corps.

Nope sorry - wrestling community can't stand them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

Nothing happened...I think he will still be doing finals...and he does our movie theater productions as far as I know...

glad to hear

16 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

a

1 hour ago, DCIat14 said:

Your post here made me even more curious; so have I spent around an hour online doing more research on Flowrestling.  I read through the websites for Team USA, Intermat Wrestle HS, Wrestling USA Online Magazine, various NCAA sites referencing Flowrestling, and the BBB page linked here on DCP.  While I found the typical reviews and comments that all business receive (and most who post to the BBB for any business will always be negative), here is what I discovered: While there were some negative comments, many others were positive, even with some positive articles (including OSU actually praising Flosports for manning-up in both apologizing and offering refunds for the bandwith crash that happened during the PSU OSU match). So, if you have verifiable information which can show that the majority of the 'wrestling community can't stand them', please supply a way for me to access that information.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Your post here made me even more curious; so have I spent around an hour online doing more research on Flowrestling.  I read through the websites for Team USA, Intermat Wrestle HS, Wrestling USA Online Magazine, various NCAA sites referencing Flowrestling, and the BBB page linked here on DCP.  While I found the typical reviews and comments that all business receive (and most who post to the BBB for any business will always be negative), here is what I discovered: While there were some negative comments, many others were positive, even with some positive articles (including OSU actually praising Flosports for manning-up in both apologizing and offering refunds for the bandwith crash that happened during the PSU OSU match). So, if you have verifiable information which can show that the majority of the 'wrestling community can't stand them', please supply a way for me to access that information.

Be prepared for no response to your request, it seems that people have taken a liking on DCP to make a claim and then tell other people to look up evidence by themselves instead of providing it to back up their claim. 

• Like 1