FLO REFUND

24 minutes ago, Madera Dons said:

Thank you for reposting this link.  When I originally read the link several things stood out to me.  First the fact that they have a BBB rating of F and are not BBB accredited.  Then I read the Customer Reviews (  [0] Positive Reviews [1] Neutral Reviews  [24] Negative Reviews) and 58 Customer Complaints.  Of the 58 38 were billing/collection issues and 14 with product/service.  tt seems to me that once they get your money and are locked into their contract they don't care.  It seems to me that our issue is with DCI or not doing their homework before they signed on with them.  

If the problems continue I am not too sure I want to be in a theater for Prelims where a riot could break out.

Most people do not go to the BBB website to sing praises, they go to complain.  And this is not showing 'love' for Flo.  But think about this; A multitude of thousands of people have used Flo over the years and continue to get their sports streaming service without issues nor complaints. And while people here on DCP did have some bad Flomarching experiences, they are referencing not the thousands and thousands who continue to stay with Flo, but BBB in which a mere 58 people who took the time to post on BBB, and according to you only 14 of those were concerning bad service,  So, how solid of a support is that in DCP posters claiming Flo is actually a horribly bad and unethical company?

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Flo may or may not continue with steaming Flomarching services; but they have a top-notch reputation in the world of scholastic Flowrestling and Flotrack, where they got their start, as well as Flotennis, Florodeo, FLovolleyball, FLosoftball, etc... So I doubt 'the company' will dye a slow loud death based on a hiccup within a niche like drum corps.

if enough people read their social media, it could hurt those products too.

I checked out their stuff on those offerings...and it's a #### far sight better than they have done with the activity, indoor or outdoor. They need to hire people that know the game.And they need to vet those they outsource to do jobs around the country

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

In no way am I defending this. I am only explaining what is likely. Were I with DCI, I would tell Flo right now that if what happened in BA happens again we will consider them in breach of contract.

We are not privy to the contract between DCI and Flo; they may or may not have a case of breach based on the language on their agreement.  But we consumers do have access to the contract every consumer signs; and in the contract between the consumer and Flo there is no breach whatsoever if bad service arises.

Edited by Stu

33 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I have only read a few responses here, but it seems like there were problems with the TOC in Broken Arrow yesterday.

I didn't even know there was a show!  Oh well, real life...

I just thought I'd chime in and be that guy for a moment...

I bought the yearly Flo package...  I have expectations too, but some of youse are over the top.

Just because we purchased a service doesn't mean we own DCI.  Stop whinning and present things a little more maturely! Some of us act so entitled that it is sickening...

Now, on the other hand, if they're going to offer a service, they need to be able to deliver competently, or price it accordingly.  DCI isn't in the business of streaming videos, but FLO IS.  There's a problem though.... FLO doesn't control the quality of the internet at the venue.  DCI and FLO has to stream a LIVE event; they can not do an On Demand service, which would afford a better quality experience ultimately.  This is because of laws...

So, that is where we are on this topic.  It is not likely to ever improve.

Some of you  please just try not to sound so indignant about it...  It makes YOU look bad.

Thanks!

P.S.

Everyone else NOT being obnoxious, carry on....  I'm just talking about the obnoxious people with unrealistic expectations who lack tact...

My issue with Flo are the things they are contractually obligated to deliver and control. You know, like actual sound waves coming through the connection. I'm not expecting Super Bowl camera angles or rock concert audio. But I don't expect to have to turn my speakers up to full blast to simply make out a music signal, or to have to somehow mentally block out the kids talking in the stands behind the pit, during a live show, because they didn't know where or how to place directional microphones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Jeff: This is true for marching arts specific situations, and Flo may indeed lose further contracts with DCI and not be able to expand into the marching arts arena.  However, people who engage in sports are getting great service from Flo (which is Flo's bread and butter), it is the marching side that is having issues.  And if sports jocks scoff and make fun at the marching arts apart from Flo, what will they care if the marching service on Flo sucks or not as long as the sports side stays stellar?

after doing some digging on the link above, and reading their social media pages, i'd beg to differ.go look up 2/19/19 PSU vs Oklahoma State

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if enough people read their social media, it could hurt those products too.

I checked out their stuff on those offerings...and it's a #### far sight better than they have done with the activity, indoor or outdoor. They need to hire people that know the game.And they need to vet those they outsource to do jobs around the country

I took time to do some research prior to making any comments in this thread.  That is how I discovered the history of the company starting with scholastic wrestling and track, their solid reputation in the realm of sports, as well as the disclaimer #6 in the Flomarching consumer contract.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

When a person signs a contract in which the company clearly states that it has the right to, as you eloquently put it, "... keep your money when we #### the bed and can't do what we say we can.", the consumer does have the right to complain when bad service is rendered; but when the consumer whines for a refund that is crocodile-tears.   And it is that which I am addressing, not any complaints concerning the horrible service.

a customer can ask.

a smart company may even go out of their way to work out a deal. 

Flo isn't showing any of those smarts

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

a customer can ask.

a smart company may even go out of their way to work out a deal. 

Flo isn't showing any of those smarts

All things are lawful. But not all things are profitable.

39 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I doubt that Flo or anyone from DCI cares if the experience with their productions are not meeting customers expectations. They got your money and you're not getting it back, bad internet streaming or not. 

No more than your local cable provider, who doesn't care, Flo doesn't care what you think. They don't care, and there will be NO refunds. Like Judge Judy has said time and time again; "you ate the steak you pay for it. Doesn't matter if you liked it or not."

actually DCI does care because farming it out, the profit margin was better for them with the savings in letting Flo deal with some of the licensing costs

• Like 1