FLO REFUND

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Lucky you.  I have purchased the DCI online feed (FanNetwork, DCILive, etc.) ever since it was started almost a decade ago. You missed the worst feed (mistakes, camera work, audio) since DCI started streaming IMHO.

Glad I forgot about the broadcast then :-)

7 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Well, I hope the DCI administrators are peeking in to see the complaints.  DCI needs to demand better excellence from FLO. They need to be riding their coat-tails hard and making it really clear that what happened last night, and what has happened in the past, WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTABLE.  Fans have spent serious cash. This should not be amateur hour. And whoever FLO assigns to handle the multi-cam direction is clueless.  I get so tired of the closeups.  Last night there was one of a BD trombone soloist while he was NOT playing. They just hovered over him while all this excitement is going on with the full ensemble. On another occasion in that same show there is a section where BD's guard is just tearing it up and we got nothing. We got pit and a trumpet soloist. 

Come on DCI!!!  Is this how you intend to market your product?  Last night was ####-poor. FIGURE IT OUT and FIX IT --- NOW!

oh the office and directors are VERY aware

• Like 1

Just now, henry7184 said:

Of course. We get that. But it still doesn't entitle them to give spotty service. I'm not looking for a refund nor am I upset any longer. These things suck when they happen, but I get over it pretty quickly. Others don't. 

Sorry, it 'does' allow for them to give spotty service; it also allows for you to drop them for their spotty service; but it does not allow for you to get a refund for that spotty service.

2 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Wow, based on the LARGE print, seems like they're pretty proud of their "service"!

They know full well that if they give inferior service they will lose customers and not gain new customers. But this type of disclaimer is standard for pretty much anything you sign up for; it is just that 99.9% of the time people do not read it prior to signing a contract.

I emailed their customer support last night, not to complain about the specific audio problems that occurred during BD and SCV (because I know they got the message), but more as a question about the low quality of the audio at ALL events I've watched so far (with the exception of Denver, which I personally found quite good).

The customer service rep reply included this: "We have hired our own audio consultant with exceptional credentials in the activity to ensure the experience gets better for fans."

I followed up (but haven't gotten a response yet) by asking if this audio consultant was *recently* hired, or if they'd been working with Flo the whole season thus far. 

My guess as to why Flo was DCI's choice was their promise to provide content that extended beyond just the live streams. The articles, summaries, and vlogs I'll admit I find fairly interesting. But if I had to sacrifice all of those bells and whistles to get higher quality audio in the streams, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Edited by brassboy

16 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

LOL...my line of work is all about disclosures and fine print, but if I don't deliver to my clients I lose them. 

yup. dont even think about asking for a referral

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Very true. They now have our money and we are their customers.  At least some of us will be able to cancel on August 13.  Unfortunately, many bought the whole year.

Why is it unfortunate?  They should have simply read the contract prior to agreeing to it; and failing to do so only means any crying now consists of crocodile-tears.