Last words on Flo

18 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

You're right. Here is is.  A day late, but at least they acknowledged the issue.  I'll give 'me that one.

http://www.flomarching.com/article/59197-message-regarding-audio-at-dci-event#.WW_pbbEpChA

It would be nice if they issued that "apology" directly to their customers who filed complaints instead of expecting them to randomly find it on their website under the title of "Message Regarding Audio".

• Like 1

As to again reiterate the actual thread topic; no matter how bad the stream, no matter how much Flo is bashed, consumers signed the agreement, likely without reading the terms of service, and thus there is no ‘right’ to receive a refund.

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

As to again reiterate the actual thread topic; no matter how bad the stream, no matter how much Flo is bashed, consumers signed the agreement, likely without reading the terms of service, and thus there is no ‘right’ to receive a refund.

2nd time. 

You are correct. The refund argument is a bit like the trophy for participation crowd, not knowing when or how it feels to lose. 

Maybe a credit for additional content if the quality of the show is so bad. That is about as far as any company MIGHT go. I was not bashing them for a refund. I was bashing them as a means to get a better reaction and better product. 

• Like 1

Just now, garfield said:

I suggest that we get WhiteDawn to initiate a class action lawsuit and sue them out of existence.

Yea, that'll get me good streaming for sure.

There is some clown in Texas that calls himself the Texas hammer. Specializes in class actions and accidents with tractor trailers etc. I will give his redneck a@@ a call today. 

11 minutes ago, E3D said:

2nd time. 

You are correct. The refund argument is a bit like the trophy for participation crowd, not knowing when or how it feels to lose. 

Maybe a credit for additional content if the quality of the show is so bad. That is about as far as any company MIGHT go. I was not bashing them for a refund. I was bashing them as a means to get a better reaction and better product. 

Sometimes it takes even a third whack to get stubborn unruly kiddos to snap out of it.

Anyway, as to the bashing of Flo here on DCP.  This DCP site has been, on more than one occasion, equated to being an online coffee shop or barbershop where a few diehard grumps go to grump.  That in turn reminds me of the movies Hoosiers and Radio; where the basketball coach (Gene Hackman) and Football Coach (Ed Harris) would go into the barbershop, smile, nod, placate, then leave and continue doing what they wanted when they wanted how they wanted. So it is with DCP and DCI, Flo, etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Sometimes it takes even a third whack to get stubborn unruly kiddos to snap out of it.

Anyway, as to the bashing of Flo here on DCP.  This DCP site has been, on more than one occasion, equated to being an online coffee shop or barbershop where a few diehard grumps go to grump.  That in turn reminds me of the movies Hoosiers and Radio; where the basketball coach (Gene Hackman) and Football Coach (Ed Harris) would go into the barbershop, smile, nod, placate, then leave and continue doing what they wanted when they wanted how they wanted. So it is with DCP and DCI, Flo, etc...

good news! Flo has been trashed on Twitter, Facebook and possibly LInkedIn too ( didnt look there but i wouldnt doubt it).

Ergo, it's not just a DCP ##### fest as I know people who never post here #####ing in other places

2 hours ago, E3D said:

There is some clown in Texas that calls himself the Texas hammer. Specializes in class actions and accidents with tractor trailers etc. I will give his redneck a@@ a call today. 

Jim Adler, the tough, smart lawyer! I hated those commercials. Now I live in north Alabama and we have our own clown here. You can't drive a mile anywhere without seeing a billboard of him.

I hated what happened a couple of days ago as well, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. The parts of the northern Illinois show I watched streamed perfectly on my TV.