At what point is the upset no longer an upset?

47 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If BD and SCV tie for the gold, than only one corps could get the bronze correct? 

Yes. There would be no silver medal. Gold and Bronze only. Four corps will not share medals unless there is a tie for 3rd. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

That would be insane. All four corps deserve it. 

I disagree. As much as I like Carolina Crown's show, it's not worthy of a medal in my opinion. I believe Bluecoats will pass Crown and grab one of the medals. Performance wise the top 4 corps are fantastic, but Crown has more flaws in design and GE. Just my take. I've been wrong about this stuff plenty of times. :)

• Like 5

right now?

Upsets:

1. Anyone beating BD

2. Cavaliers beating one of the four corps ahead of them

3. Cadets beating Boston

4. BK or Regiment climbing ahead of Cadets

5. Academy beating Madison/Mandarins and jumping back into top 12 race

6. Spirit/Oregon/Pacific Crest beating Colts/Troopers/Academy

7. Surf beating Seattle Cascades

8. Pioneer beating anyone

Memorable upsets at finals:

1. Cavaliers jumping into medal round

2. Crown or Bluecoats jumping back ahead of BD/SCV to win gold

3. Crown AND Bluecoats pushing SCV or BD out of medals

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I disagree. As much as I like Carolina Crown's show, it's not worthy of a medal in my opinion. I believe Bluecoats will pass Crown and grab one of the medals. Performance wise the top 4 corps are fantastic, but Crown has more flaws in design and GE. Just my take. I've been wrong about this stuff plenty of times. :)

I agree. Coats (I believe) will end up with a medal. Crown has some design flaws and the guard just isn't performing as well right now as the other top 5 corps. Guard is EVERYTHING in today's DCI. You can probably predict the medals based on how the top 3 guard finish

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Crown could not have a better performance order for themselves this weekend. Tonite, & tomorrow they go on last.  Plus, Crown's new closer is in. If CC  wants to be considered in this season's mix for a Title, they'd have to make their movement this weekend it seems to me.   Otherwise, Crown will more than likely be attempting to repeat and retain their medalist position moving forward for this season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

I see a tie for first with both BD and SCV. Bloo and Crown rounding out the medals. That way both of these organizations win gold on their anniversary, and two other wonderful shows are rewarded with medals too. 

There aren't ties anymore. Judges can judge to 0.05 now in captions, so it's very very unlikely any two corps would get the exact same score, and there's a tie breaker now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

I see a tie for first with both BD and SCV. Bloo and Crown rounding out the medals. That way both of these organizations win gold on their anniversary, and two other wonderful shows are rewarded with medals too. 

I thought DCI set up a tie-breaker after we had 4 chaps in in only 2 seasons (BD/SCV tie in 99; Cadets/Cavies in 2000).  Personally, I like the way DCM handled it in 1982 with a march-off.

Anyway, is there a tie breaking mechanism in place?